What happened to 12 hour days????

barnyard

KTM rider
I drop air. Talking about ground

It is about the pull times for feeders. 1 of the routes that I cover, if the pull is delayed, the preload goes down for the trailer destination. I have pulled in, broke down my set and put the loads on empty doors. The preload was waiting for volume.

There is a lot of pressure on feeder drivers to make pull times.

dqs95124

I think it's unsafe for anybody working 14 hrs punch to punch. When daylight savings starts. I'm driving home. I want to pull over cause I'm seeing double..

dqs95124

On it. Filed every week since Labor Day. They don't care. Paying us out. Plus our 8 hr requests that aren't being honored. This is the last week to file then 2 months of hell.

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
Two reasons, they need to get the trailers out so the trucks can make it to hubs in time to sort and get the drivers out, the late nights travel through the system and effect the "internal customer". Second reason, much like the first, air has to make it the other side of the US, west coast guys have to be in earlier with their air to make commits on the East coast, East coast guys got more leeway since it's going the other way.
East coasters need more leeway...... Slackers!!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
i always put safety first and did not care what the bosses said.

i took extra breaks sometimes or would pull over ( feeder ) and take a nap.

if i had a couple 14 hr days in a row i would call in sick the next day to catch up on rest.

most managers would understand why i did what i did because i wasnt lying and consistent. i wasnt trying to "get out" of work. sometimes i would have to threaten them with going to the DOT or OSHA and they knew i was serious and would back off. you cant bluff about that.

the trouble is there is so much turnover in the manager ranks it seems like you have to educate them every other month. but you have to stick to your guns.

whatever it took to stay safe. safety first. family first.

dqs95124

Since Labor Day in our center. 25yr driver. 15 yr driver. Sent back out after doing yr rt. Blind in the dark till 10pm. So this week was a nice change. Not going to last.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
My next 14 hour day will be my first.
I would love to see a delivery contest between yourself and upstate...to settle for once and for all who is the top "operator " between you two. You both seem to be cut from a different material from the rest of us peons...ups really lucked out when they found you two guys!!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I would love to see a delivery contest between yourself and upstate...to settle for once and for all who is the top "operator " between you two. You both seem to be cut from a different material from the rest of us peons...ups really lucked out when they found you two guys!!
It has nothing to do with speed. ( Well maybe a little ) I just don't get dispatched that high.