what happens if we do go on strike?

brownboxman

I gave the strike money to charity, I would not except their money because it wa about power on the union side at the time.

Mr Shifter

In San Fransico right now you have Teamster striking at allied waste. Let's ask them. hall is is charge of negotiations over there as we speaks

brownboxman

Last strike I went out and worked for farmers in my area, helping load hay and the such. I would never sit still and wait for others to determine my fate. I had a young family to support at the time. Now I would look at it differently but I will be on vaca for all of August ....and September ........and October ........ But will still support my fellow workers, if it comes to that!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Will be on vacation the first week of August. If we did strike then I would hang out my "Gone Fishing" sign and deal with it upon return.

If full timers strike for part timers to get more they are stupid and will lose a lot no pay and no insurance for you wife or kids or yourselfs and ups will win any way

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If full timers strike for part timers to get more they are stupid and will lose a lot no pay and no insurance for you wife or kids or yourselfs and ups will win any way

Some of us were part timers and remember how hard it was to make ends meet. Even those that were hired of the street realize $8.50 is not acceptable.

With that said if we strike it looks more likely to be a healthcare issue not a pay issue.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

solidarity

[h=2]sol·i·dar·i·ty[/h] [sol-i-dar-i-tee]

noun, plural sol·i·dar·i·ties. 1. union or fellowship arising from common responsibilities and interests, as between members of a group or between classes, peoples, etc.: to promote solidarity among union members.

2. community of feelings, purposes, etc.

3. community of responsibilities and interests.

Origin:
1840–50; < French solidarité, equivalent to solidaire solidary + -ité -ity

Related forms non·sol·i·dar·i·ty, noun
un·sol·i·dar·i·ty, noun

Synonyms
1. unity, cooperation, community. 2. unanimity.

wilberforce15

Some of us were part timers and remember how hard it was to make ends meet. Even those that were hired of the street realize $8.50 is not acceptable.
With that said if we strike it looks more likely to be a healthcare issue not a pay issue.

If we strike for full-time jobs, and a little bit for PT pay, we will have the public behind us. If we strike so we don't have to pay for benefits (like the rest of America does) then we won't.

UPS cares more about public image than teamster gripes. Going into a strike without public support is going into it pretty much unarmed. Yeah, yeah, yeah, the public doesn't get to vote, some may say.

They do get to vote. They get to vote whether they use UPS. And that's a bigger gun than a strike.

90% of the general public has NO IDEA that the majority of UPSers are part-time. They have no idea how long it takes to get a FT-job. You shout those from the rooftops, and we'll have something going. And we may get our benefits demands met in the process. But if that is the focal point, it's a much harder fight.

When I tell people I work at UPS, and then they find out I'm not a driver, their number one reaction is confusion and trying to figure out what in the world there is to do at UPS other than drive.