What happens if you don't join the union?

SloppyJoes7

You came in here long on talk and short on facts (and that's being generous) and got your clock cleaned by people for whom work is a reality, not a hypothetical. Most of us here have been going to work every day for a lot of years, we're not "thinking about maybe getting a job". Your responses to the afore mentioned clock cleaning have been particularly telling. You've cried wolf about being called a liar, you've been evasive, dodged questions and equivocated. When Crowbar took the time to go through your latest ill informed post and demolish it point by point with nothing but the facts, your response was to accuse him of "not being interested in discussing ideas". You're a joke. Grow up, get a job (and a life), and come back when you actually have something of value to tell us. I won't hold my breath.

My post was not demolished. You only think this because you agree with Crowbar. You're too biased to see it any differently.

As to being "evasive," and "dodging questions," I have neither the time nor ability to respond to every single point or question posed to me. I've made a massive amount of replies, and apparently, you wouldn't be satisfied unless I tripled that amount.

Now, you say that I blew Crowbar off by saying he was "not being interested in discussing ideas." The truth is, neither are you. Your responses are shallow and ad-hominem.

You said I was "demolished," without backing up that statement.
You said I'm "a joke."
You told me to "grow up, get a job (and a life),"
And that I have nothing of value to say.

What is consistent in these statements? Zero respect. No recognition of opposing arguments. Personal attacks. Name calling. Massive generalizations. Simplistic childish attacks.

You see, I actually like debate. I took it in high school because I wanted to. However, I've found that in real life, most people cannot debate. When these people attempt debate, it degrades quickly, gets personal, and ends up with both sides saying the other is "stupid," "ignorant," or something similar. From experience, I've found that such "discussions" are pointless. Nothing is gained from them. Without both sides showing some respect, there is no point in continuing.

For this reason, people like you and Crowbar are not worth much of my time. You think anyone who disagrees is a maroon. So, I might reply, but I don't lose any sleep over refraining from doing so.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My post was not demolished. You only think this because you agree with Crowbar. You're too biased to see it any differently.

As to being "evasive," and "dodging questions," I have neither the time nor ability to respond to every single point or question posed to me. I've made a massive amount of replies, and apparently, you wouldn't be satisfied unless I tripled that amount.

Now, you say that I blew Crowbar off by saying he was "not being interested in discussing ideas." The truth is, neither are you. Your responses are shallow and ad-hominem.

You said I was "demolished," without backing up that statement.
You said I'm "a joke."
You told me to "grow up, get a job (and a life),"
And that I have nothing of value to say.

What is consistent in these statements? Zero respect. No recognition of opposing arguments. Personal attacks. Name calling. Massive generalizations. Simplistic childish attacks.

You see, I actually like debate. I took it in high school because I wanted to. However, I've found that in real life, most people cannot debate. When these people attempt debate, it degrades quickly, gets personal, and ends up with both sides saying the other is "stupid," "ignorant," or something similar. From experience, I've found that such "discussions" are pointless. Nothing is gained from them. Without both sides showing some respect, there is no point in continuing.

For this reason, people like you and Crowbar are not worth much of my time. You think anyone who disagrees is a maroon. So, I might reply, but I don't lose any sleep over refraining from doing so.
Well, you got that part right. There's hope for you I guess.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
. From experience, I've found that such "discussions" are pointless. Nothing is gained from them. Without both sides showing some respect, there is no point in continuing.

That is probably the one thing you and I would agree on.

Your mind is made up about the merits (or lack thereof) of unions. So is mine. Nothing that either of us says will change the other person's opinion on the subject.

Your purported motive for starting this thread was to ask whether or not you would be treated differently as an agency fee payer vs. a full member. That question has pretty much been answered. In your own words, there is no real point in continuing this meaningless debate. You arent a UPS employee, you arent a union member, and it is unlikely that you ever will be....so why are you still here?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
That is probably the one thing you and I would agree on.

Your mind is made up about the merits (or lack thereof) of unions. So is mine. Nothing that either of us says will change the other person's opinion on the subject.

Your purported motive for starting this thread was to ask whether or not you would be treated differently as an agency fee payer vs. a full member. That question has pretty much been answered. In your own words, there is no real point in continuing this meaningless debate. You arent a UPS employee, you arent a union member, and it is unlikely that you ever will be....so why are you still here?

To debate, because this person has a very anti-union stance is this is one place he/she KNOWS without a doubt they can come and recieve negative attention to satisfy that craving. They want to play the contrarion and debate something; be the lone-wolf then cry about the piling when they're piled on, plain and simple. They want the piling, they want to argue, and in the end THEY WANT TO FEEL AS THOUGH THEY GARNERED AN EDGE. This is the perfect avenue.

So like I said weeks ago, time to let this thread die and move on without the nolife troll.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
And P.S. Starbucks made a BAD BUSINESS DECISION, didn't they? But what does that have to do with unions? Nice shooting yourself in the foot on that one.
Yeah and unions promised to buy 1 billion Large trucks SUVs and other 10mpg vehicles that wouldn't sell and set off a bailout. Blame the union!

SloppyJoes7

To debate, because this person has a very anti-union stance is this is one place he/she KNOWS without a doubt they can come and recieve negative attention to satisfy that craving. They want to play the contrarion and debate something; be the lone-wolf then cry about the piling when they're piled on, plain and simple. They want the piling, they want to argue, and in the end THEY WANT TO FEEL AS THOUGH THEY GARNERED AN EDGE. This is the perfect avenue.

So like I said weeks ago, time to let this thread die and move on without the nolife troll.

I asked for a threadkill on page 4 of this discussion, and instead, Crowbar turned it into a discussion about unions. Unless a moderator deletes those posts, this fact will always be indisputable.

So, I agree, I'm done with this thread.