What happens in M*, stays in M*!!!!

local804

As the owner / admin of this site I have the right and responsibility to create, establish, maintain rules that best fit the community and edit, ban, disable the account and or remove the posts of anyone participating here who does not follow the website TOS.

The Terms of Service aren't there to keep anyone from expressing their opinion or sharing information. They are there to prevent legal exposure or illegal activity and encourage intelligent conversation.

Okay, It's obvious that some of you don't care if you post potentially libelous content here. Whatever... I guess that's to be expected on a public forum... :dissapointed:

I'm going to delete all of the info that identifies the individual that is alledged to have taken the ipod. If everyone could just be more discreet it wouldn't be a problem to discuss things like this here. Those of you that insist on posting the job title, center, building etc. of the individual that you alledge to have been involved in this situation are forcing me into a situation where I either have to edit out some information or delete the thread.

If you'd just comply with the TOS none of this would be necessary. :whiteflag:

Cheryl
As the person who started this thread, I suggest you delete the whole thing. I understand the liability issue that might occur and dont want this brought upon you. If we cant even post the town that this happened in, there really isnt much more to post on this issue till the manager or supervisor get the boot.
Sorry

BrassBalls

Stand Up For Your Rights.
Tieguy
You twist words.The bottom line here is that the supervisor was arrested because he tol the police...he did not steal the ipod....then they arrested him....Before the "stupidvisor" showed up the police have seen the tape!
Cant believe one of your own..Ahhh..well what are you going to do? More mgrs and supervisors get fired than drivers! I wonder why?
And im not talking about the 1800 lay offs that ups just rolled out without any regards to anyone of mgmt personnel...

tieguy

Banned
Tieguy
You twist words.The bottom line here is that the supervisor was arrested because he tol the police...he did not steal the ipod....then they arrested him....Before the "stupidvisor" showed up the police have seen the tape!
Cant believe one of your own..Ahhh..well what are you going to do? More mgrs and supervisors get fired than drivers! I wonder why?
And im not talking about the 1800 lay offs that ups just rolled out without any regards to anyone of mgmt personnel...

Perhaps you can post a link to the a newspaper article on this one? That way no words get twisted?
At the very least there should be a crime ledger with the arrest posted in a local newpaper?

P

pickup

You mean,procure it under the freedom of information act?

I don't even think it would have to go so far. These reports that cops fill out are , I believe, open to the public. Of course, in this case , someone would have to walk into the station house and procure the report much in the same way that one would procure an accident report from the local station house whose cops filed the report.

In the event that the report was refused, then you can go "FOIA" on them.

Just a hypothetical situation but if this story were more newsworthy and hence printed in the paper, then we would be safe in using names, places, etc. Cheryl probably has ground to stand on when it comes to speculation being posted on here but she wisely chooses not to expose herself to the consequences of that.

U-tube has comments sections for most videos, and it is amazing what is posted there(and it amazing what I have posted there as well). I've never heard of u-tube being sued for allowing such comments but they have deeper pockets and legal resources to fight such attempts than Cheryl does.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Ok maybe I missed it, but why did the driver have all that stuff up front in his cab? How many minutes a day are wasted fiddling with the sound or station and then charged to UPS because you know you will not take it out of your lunch or break. Just a thought.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Ok maybe I missed it, but why did the driver have all that stuff up front in his cab? How many minutes a day are wasted fiddling with the sound or station and then charged to UPS because you know you will not take it out of your lunch or break. Just a thought.
That's a heck of a point, Dragon, but did you just use the were fiddling?:happy2:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Can't speak for this driver, but I have 10,000+songs.
Hit shuffle play and let it roll.
Maintenance free, commercial free, music all day.
That is, except for the time that SMF by Prince came on outside of a jewelry store one morning.
Mad scramble for the volume knob.:surprised:

Signature Only

Blue in Brown

I'm sure we all do love the 1st Amendment. However it does not apply to this situation.
There is no better situation than this one. The point is not "free speech" . It is the free, unrestricted and uncensored exchange of words, ideas, and thoughts. Trouble occurs when discussion or open discourse is prohibited or restricted.

No person or entity shall set forth any act, statement or provision without there first being ample and equal opportunity for free and open discourse.

This simple rule separates tyranny from freedom

The enterprise of civilization cannot exist or advance without it.

over9five

Staff member
There is no better situation than this one. The point is not "free speech" . It is the free, unrestricted and uncensored exchange of words, ideas, and thoughts. Trouble occurs when discussion or open discourse is prohibited or restricted.

No person or entity shall set forth any act, statement or provision without there first being ample and equal opportunity for free and open discourse.

So I guess you're saying you will pay Cheryls legal bills when she gets sued over your posts? With freedom of speech comes responsibility.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

The First Amendment protects us from criminal prosecution for free speech. It in no way protects us from civil repercushion. So in other words, if your willing, say what you want from your soap box on the street corner of your choice without fear of being imprisoned. You may however become broke and homeless in the process. The phrase "it's a free country" really isn't entirely accurate. Looking around, that may not be a bad thing.

tieguy

Banned
I'm wondering if brass balls or anyone else will provide either the proof of this wrongdoing or the apology for disseminating this information?

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

Hey, this is great...:headache:

So, when you open up a website under your name let us know so we can come over and post libelous accusations and copyright violations etc. We will be anonymous as you are here... and then, you will be responsible to deal with the lawyers contacting you for the actions of others who you don't even know...:surprised:

See how long you keep your website... I'll be waiting for you to post your website address for my chance at your version of free speech!:wink2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Hey, this is great...:headache:

So, when you open up a website under your name let us know so we can come over and post libelous accusations and copyright violations etc. We will be anonymous as you are here... and then, you will be responsible to deal with the lawyers contacting you for the actions of others who you don't even know...:surprised:

See how long you keep your website... I'll be waiting for you to post your website address for my chance at your version of free speech!:wink2:
Does this mean that since I am not anonymous, I can be libelous, copyright infringing and down right ornery?:wink2:

atatbl

Never, since the inception of the Bill of Rights, has someone known so little about it, its meaning as possibly a living document, or what it protects from....... yet still bothered to give their erroneous speech. Oh, the irony.

P.S. I can't wait for you to employ the term irony in your "definition" of correct.