What happens in M*, stays in M*!!!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
C'mon STUG, don't be such a stiff. :wink2:
Dizzee got me stoned?:happy2:

You must be reading dog backers, try it with "God" is my co-pilot.
No, No, No, if it was backwards it would read, God is my pilot, LOL. Can you picture driving down the highway and seeing a car with someone in the passenger seat, feet up on the dash, lounging, and no one in the driver seat? LOL

V-ery
S-tupid
P-ost
I guess you could read Upstates post 2 ways. I read it as Daughter's being attached to their Dad's, as in Daddy's little girl. That is what you meant, right Upstate?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dizzee got me stoned?:happy2:

No, No, No, if it was backwards it would read, God is my pilot, LOL. Can you picture driving down the highway and seeing a car with someone in the passenger seat, feet up on the dash, lounging, and no one in the driver seat? LOL

I guess you could read Upstates post 2 ways. I read it as Daughter's being attached to their Dad's, as in Daddy's little girl. That is what you meant, right Upstate?

No, Upstate was in a stupid mood and posted something very stupid.

Wait for it, wait for it............:happy-very:

555, I wasn't really getting all that religious. I was just trying to say that those simple 10 rules cover pretty much everything. Dost thou understandeth?:wink2:
Of course I understand and I don't necessarily disagree with the premise, but only if EVERYONE complied and we all know that aint gonna happen. For me the intriguing part was on the separation of Jews and non-Jews in regards to the adherence to the Ten Commandments. OK, that's a slow burning fuse I didn't want to light...lol.

local804

Where is the twist. You guys have a rumor right now and thats it. No newpaper article. No police ledger from any newspaper?
Nothing.

Yet you basically told everyone here who the guy was. So if it turns out that your rumor is false then I think you should show the brass balls to come back and apologize for spreading misinformation.

804 thats not a twist that my friend is common decency.

After speaking with a fellow driver from this building, I have been brought up to date on this situation. The manager/sup admitted taking the ipod from the driver in their words "to teach him a lesson." LP has been to the center and had run a pcm right after the incident. They told the drivers that the center team can enter/exit the vehicle at any time basically because its their company(truck ect). The question that comes to play is when do they cross the line and tamper with ones personal property.( A wallet, cell phone, ipod ect ect ect.......) My personal opinion is they came up with a great story after the fact to cover their tracks. Lets see if this center team is together come April 5.

over9five

Staff member
Seems to me it was "theft", pure and simple. I think if an hourly had been caught stealing an Ipod from a PC, they'd be fired.

The question is also simple: Is it OK for management to steal an Ipod?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Seems to me it was "theft", pure and simple. I think if an hourly had been caught stealing an Ipod from a PC, they'd be fired.

Absolutely not. Now, as I said earlier, had the driver left his keys in the ignition or bulkhead door, the sup would have every right to take those, but taking personal property without permission--I don't think so.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Let's see, hmmmm, they already fudge timecards, move pkgs and steal lunches, um, yeah, it's perfectly okay to steal Ipods. Man am I gonna get it for this post. I've already been slapped in the face for the advice I gave to the person that was being harassed, LOL.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Let's see, hmmmm, they already fudge timecards, move pkgs and steal lunches, um, yeah, it's perfectly okay to steal Ipods. Man am I gonna get it for this post. I've already been slapped in the face for the advice I gave to the person that was being harassed, LOL.
I just received a PM smack in the head for this post. Not from "mgmt", but from a respected member who thought my blanket statement about mgmt was in poor taste. The above post was written with tongue firmly planted in cheek. I was just writing what I've heard about some mgmt doing at some centers and trying to make a joke about it, in an M* sort of way. In no way did I intend to malign UPS mgmt in general. In my 14 year experience I have had nice and mean mgmt, but have never had any mgmt do any of those evil things that I mentioned above. My apologies to all of you mgmt guys out there that work hard to keep this company thriving.:peaceful:

cino321

I just received a PM smack in the head for this post. Not from "mgmt", but from a respected member who thought my blanket statement about mgmt was in poor taste. The above post was written with tongue firmly planted in cheek. I was just writing what I've heard about some mgmt doing at some centers and trying to make a joke about it, in an M* sort of way. In no way did I intend to malign UPS mgmt in general. In my 14 year experience I have had nice and mean mgmt, but have never had any mgmt do any of those evil things that I mentioned above. My apologies to all of you mgmt guys out there that work hard to keep this company thriving.:peaceful:

Oh please, you don't have to apologize for telling it like it is.

Anyone got a problem? PM me, I don't check my pm's anyway.

I bet I can guess who it was that sent you the PM, but I won't say because it would serve no purpose.
Do not worry about making a general statement about management, most of the management types don't hesitate to make general statements about hourly employees.
I have in fact known management to do all the things you listed except steal the Ipod. Actually in the matter in M* I really doubt the intention was to steal the Ipod but to just mess with the driver. The reason for messing with the driver is what escapes me.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I bet I can guess who it was that sent you the PM, but I won't say because it would serve no purpose.
Do not worry about making a general statement about management, most of the management types don't hesitate to make general statements about hourly employees.
I have in fact known management to do all the things you listed except steal the Ipod. Actually in the matter in M* I really doubt the intention was to steal the Ipod but to just mess with the driver. The reason for messing with the driver is what escapes me.
I agree with you and Stephen. I've seen mgt move pkgs and I've had mgt change my time card. Never had a lunch stolen though. :surprised: I guess we can expect a PM smack in the head too.