What happens to management when we file grievances?

PT Car Washer

Yeah they dont like the sup working grievances. I used to file one to two a week on the local sort, and I started strongly influencing other part timers to do the same. Needless to say, it certainly counts against their budget.
In my building the PT Union steward, instead of filing on sups working, would just have the manager add time to his time card.

TangJaw

I'm sort of new at the Louisville hub, nonunion--and although my office (which is all admin/management, all non-union) is really cool with all of our union folks, I have heard that grievances in the past caused the upper management where I'm at to have their yearly raises taken away. Seems weird that they have grievances at all because our little group gets along really well, but I guess its a thing.

Last edited:

box_beeyotch

I'm sort of new at the Louisville hub, nonunion--and although my office (which is all admin/management, all non-union) is really cool with all of our union folks, I have heard that grievances in the past caused the upper management where I'm at to have their yearly raises taken away. Seems weird that they have grievances at all because our little group gets along really well, but I guess its a thing.

All the more reason to file even more.

TangJaw

All the more reason to file even more.

I actually felt sort of bad to hear the guy lost his raise, because the grievance had nothing to do with the guy himself. It was actually the result of someone else screwing something up, and the fallout from it sort of fell on him (department manager). The other FT sups also lost their raises, just sort of as default I think.

They all seem like alright people, and they most certainly know their stuff (its a high skill specialized area they work in) and have been with UPS for a longggg time. It's a small department in a huge hub though, so I'm sure there's for sure management somewhere out there that well deserves some grief...but these guys are alright.

edit - my spelling sucks horribly.

El Correcto

god is dead
I'm new, I saw a kid not even out of his 30 days yet filing grievances. He had some balls I suppose, R.I.P... Filing grievances just seems to make you have to work harder, facing the political side of things. I'd rather just bust my ass and keep the management happy, than worry about them out on my route harassing me all the damn time.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm new, I saw a kid not even out of his 30 days yet filing grievances. He had some balls I suppose, R.I.P... Filing grievances just seems to make you have to work harder, facing the political side of things. I'd rather just bust my ass and keep the management happy, than worry about them out on my route harassing me all the damn time.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1446010436.246472.jpg

tacken

Just what they are looking for. Just wait until they keep adding more work on you. Just keep your mouth shut and do what they say. Grow a pair your in A UNION for a reason. You need your on paper trail because they have there own on you. And its not to give you a pat on the back. Wake up KID.

Dr.Brownz

Go ahead and destroy your body for those managers who will be gone in a few years; that way you can keep working yourself to death for the next set of management that comes in

wayfair

swollen member
I actually felt sort of bad to hear the guy lost his raise, because the grievance had nothing to do with the guy himself. It was actually the result of someone else screwing something up, and the fallout from it sort of fell on him (department manager). The other FT sups also lost their raises, just sort of as default I think.

I bet that's how they feel about our holiday turkey...

Browntown2014

I files one a week after my 30.

Whargoul

Here's my thoughts: I don't give a flying :censored2: what happens to management when I file a grievance. If they did their job properly and abide by the contract then I wouldn't have to file. I imagine most people who don't file are the ones who aren't doing the job by the methods and are fearful of the scrutiny.

Grey

I won a vacation bid for a week so I'm gonna sign up for 9.5 for the first time in a year since I started driving. I'm always done before 9.5 3-4 days a week as a swinger so it probably won't matter anyway.

9.5 goes away November 1st but they said I'll have 2-3 months opted in starting in mid-January.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
ya volt i call it Stallick 13. Hogans Heroes revisited
You got that right, how ironic you said that about hogans heroes, this driver friend of mine started that same comparison joke a couple of years ago. Ya volt!!! I see nothing !

Dr.Brownz

Nothing happens..sorry to burst everyone's bubble.

Yeah thats what mike I from washington thought; took 5 years but he was fired after the harrassment grievances kept coming in even after they moved him around to a bunch of different centers

Lol what a clown; yall must go to jester school

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Wait til that no longer works.