What has brown done to me?!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I want 90-100k a year. But I don't want to blow my mind and body struggling season after season to get somewhere that operates on a bully-senority system.

Become a plumber. I got a friend that makes that easily with no overtime.

Sparkey86

I've seen several posts like this one. You must wait your turn like everybody else has done. Your seniority determines when that turn comes. Ups expects 100% every minute you are there and you might be the most fabulous preloader in the history of the business but won't help you get into to a driving position any sooner. Is somebody telling you that you will be promoted to a driving position according to your work performance? I understand your frustration its seniority and seniority is the only fair way to promote and I think many will agree with me. That way favoritism is eliminated. Just keep doing what your doing my brother/sister and let time do the rest. As for me it was 8 years of part time. That doesn't mean that it will be that long for you. If you get burned out on what you are doing then change sorts for a while. Try doing different jobs if they will let you. Your time will come. Best of luck and hang in there.

Cementups

Box Monkey
After reading three pages of the word "no" I decided to just post.

Have you even signed the list to go out driving?!? You say you see others that go out and come back. It almost seems like your waiting for them to come and ask you to drive. That's not the way it works. You need to sign the driver list. UPS is not promotion by back patting, it's promotion by seniority and interest. You control your destiny, not UPS.

arice11

I have done deliveries out in a few neighborhoods with a golf cart and a little trailer full of packages. I've had to hustle through rain/snow and wind...boxes were flying and the tarp wouldn't prevent all of them from being soaked.
I couldn't imagine the struggle a driver goes through, but at least they have a big protected truck to deliver in.
I'm looking forward to the challenges as a driver.
This thread has been much more positive and helpful than my previous posts.
Hahaha!

Cementups

Box Monkey
I have done deliveries out in a few neighborhoods with a golf cart and a little trailer full of packages. I've had to hustle through rain/snow and wind...boxes were flying and the tarp wouldn't prevent all of them from being soaked.
I couldn't imagine the struggle a driver goes through, but at least they have a big protected truck to deliver in.
I'm looking forward to the challenges as a driver.
This thread has been much more positive and helpful than my previous posts.
Hahaha!

Then you were a helper, not a driver. Sign the list to be a driver if that's what you want to do. Stop screwing around or people will pass you.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I don't really know if I want to stay in a place that says they'll make a driver of me, but only proceed to tie me down to the warehouse for a long and sleep deprived career as a preloader
This is a warehouse:
article-0-1A4607E600000578-448_634x412.jpg

You do not work in one. You work in a building, or you can call it a center if you'd like.

I know its just paying my dues and waiting my turn.
This is where the thread should have ended.

I am of the opinion it is worth every bruise and scar and head injury
Nuff said.

I want 90-100k a year. But I don't want to blow my mind and body struggling season after season to get somewhere that operates on a bully-senority system.
whine-300x180.jpg

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
A bully-seniority system........ as opposed to a suck -butt , we're great buddies, let me have that job over him even though he works as hard as me and has been here longer but I'm better buds with you, system. Sounds perfectly fair to me. WTF!?!?

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
A bully-seniority system........ as opposed to a suck -butt , we're great buddies, let me have that job over him even though he works as hard as me and has been here longer but I'm better buds with you, system. Sounds perfectly fair to me. WTF!?!?
One more thing about seniority. Without seniority, you have no union, without the union, you don't have that excellent pay and top tier benefits, no excellent pay and bennies, all the sudden the job you want without waiting your turn in seniority order is no longer a job you want. Vicious cycle isn't it?