What has brown done to me?!

T

Turdferguson

I don't have it but yes I'm under the assumption that it basically has a time next to each stop that it expects you to deliver that stop at.
It has a time next to each stop but it is garbage. Used to have a apartment complex on the route I had with about 44 packages and 38 stops and Orion gave me an allowance of about 5 minutes to do it in. Granted that was two years ago so don't know of they fixed that issue with it or not

Dr.Brownz

I know a certain person who became a driver within three years, she started as a cover but within the year she's up to full.
LUCKY!

I worked twilight sort for 4 months before I started cover driving everyday. And then I became a FT driver 8 months after that. The guy under me in seniority worked for one week on the sort before he started driving.

Dr.Brownz

Why yes it does, glad you asked.

Orion told me I would be done at 5:22. I was elated. I made all kinds of plans for my evening....NOT. I havent been done before 8:30 in months. I got done at 8:40. Now I guess if I had followed it and done all the backs it wanted, delivered all my 40 pkg bulk stops and schools after they closed, I might have gotten done by 5:22. But instead I was 22 miles over, and 3 hours late.

I have big issues backing a p1000 in driveways with big piles of snow with a 2inch cement pad. Not safe. I also had to wash my windows and tail lights, side door, and headlights off, with that hose thing the guys and girls at night used to be allowed to use occasionally, as my center manager fumed. What can he say?

, Its all about safety, and its not safe when you cannot see out your windows, mirrors, or side door. On a sunshiny 0 degree day. How can you expect to be able to keep space on all four sides, when you cannot see out your passenger door or window? Looks like a possible sideswipe to me. But dont code off any of that time to car wash because we have a metric on that. And dont code off the .50 you spent loading your car, we have to have the preload show a great metric. Blame blame blame the driver.

And dont deviate from orion, but dont have late air, Follow it 85% but I have to make 15 deviations just to make service. Dont give me a sheet of stuff to fix that they and every other driver and management knows is wrong, because we dont have the power or the intelligence to fix, just do it.

Everyone keeps telling me, why dont you just retire. Why should I retire, because they cant do their job? I am still doing mine. Might be older and a tad bit slower, but I have 30 yrs and a plaque to prove it. Should have got rid of me a long time ago if I didnt perform. Im in the best performance of my life, Right Darn now.

Thanks for the insight. I'm guessing that our paid breaks aren't calculated or marked in the ORION system? Just like in their time allowance magic numbers report (the WOR or whatever its called)

If your eligible for retirement go now, immediately. We had a driver here who decided he wanted to be the driver with the most years of service or something. Well he got brain cancer and is half alive in the hospital now. Get the :censored2: out of brown hell and go live your life.

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Thanks for the insight. I'm guessing that our paid breaks aren't calculated or marked in the ORION system? Just like in their time allowance magic numbers report (the WOR or whatever its called)

If your eligible for retirement go now, immediately. We had a driver here who decided he wanted to be the driver with the most years of service or something. Well he got brain cancer and is half alive in the hospital now. Get the :censored2: out of brown hell and go live your life.
Oh Man does that make me feel better, LOL. They win, they made me call off sick today. 23 hours in 2 days in record breaking cold. I will still get my forty in 4 LOL.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why yes it does, glad you asked.

Orion told me I would be done at 5:22. I was elated. I made all kinds of plans for my evening....NOT. I havent been done before 8:30 in months. I got done at 8:40. Now I guess if I had followed it and done all the backs it wanted, delivered all my 40 pkg bulk stops and schools after they closed, I might have gotten done by 5:22. But instead I was 22 miles over, and 3 hours late.

I have big issues backing a p1000 in driveways with big piles of snow with a 2inch cement pad. Not safe. I also had to wash my windows and tail lights, side door, and headlights off, with that hose thing the guys and girls at night used to be allowed to use occasionally, as my center manager fumed. What can he say?

, Its all about safety, and its not safe when you cannot see out your windows, mirrors, or side door. On a sunshiny 0 degree day. How can you expect to be able to keep space on all four sides, when you cannot see out your passenger door or window? Looks like a possible sideswipe to me. But dont code off any of that time to car wash because we have a metric on that. And dont code off the .50 you spent loading your car, we have to have the preload show a great metric. Blame blame blame the driver.

And dont deviate from orion, but dont have late air, Follow it 85% but I have to make 15 deviations just to make service. Dont give me a sheet of stuff to fix that they and every other driver and management knows is wrong, because we dont have the power or the intelligence to fix, just do it.

Everyone keeps telling me, why dont you just retire. Why should I retire, because they cant do their job? I am still doing mine. Might be older and a tad bit slower, but I have 30 yrs and a plaque to prove it. Should have got rid of me a long time ago if I didnt perform. Im in the best performance of my life, Right Darn now.
Just curious why don't you get on the 9.5 list?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I am, so Th and fr should be a walk in the park, right, LOL. They have asked us to work with them, because of the weather. But it has gotten outta hand.
Gotcha. I'm all for working with them because of weather. IF they have every driver on the road and every possible route in.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Gotcha. I'm all for working with them because of weather. IF they have every driver on the road and every possible route in.
I feel we should work with them, but don't send me out with 10 more than the day before when I had to bring 20 of them back. That shows me someone isn't working "with" someone, or is" not working" someone.

watdaflock?

I love how any ignorant negative comment about the union spams my alerts....(lol)

1st step is admittance= I'm an internet forum attention whore.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
My experience at UPS has been 3 years of preload which includes over 70lbs duty at 3:15 then normal start time for the building at 4 by then I've moved all the irregs to their belts and set up the unload for the day.
I spend the next two hours either loading bulk stops, scanning labels, unloading trailers, sorting or further irreg duty.
After break I'm sent to scan-check the packages in the trucks. I scan a good 1500 max before 8:30 rolls around and some supervisor dismisses me.
I use to lead the safety meetings and did some of that jive. But the building supervisor had me train a replacement who took over for me loading the bulk and mall trucks. Now I'm frittering away in the preload desperate to become a driver.
I see coworkers who started in preload becoming cover drivers, they return to unload when they aren't needed...is that my fate?
I need to know how I can manage to move into a better full time position. My supervisors recognize my work and they trust me to do the dirty jobs at times.
I don't really know if I want to stay in a place that says they'll make a driver of me, but only proceed to tie me down to the warehouse for a long and sleep deprived career as a preloader.
Anyone else know this experience?
It took me 12 years to go full time. So good luck with that. You shouldn't be training anyone, that is managements job. Also it doesn't matter if management recognizes your work or not. They don't care if you work hard, you are just another number to them. Just sign the bids, go cover driving if that is what it takes, and if you have to work in the hub then do it. You have only been there 3 years. Does it suck? Sure it does, but you got to do what you got to do. Sign every bid that comes out. That is all that matters.

diogenese

I suggest finding a new job while you still have time. I've paid my dues for 14+ years, working 16 hour days between two and three jobs. Eventually the full timers incessant whining about how "hard" their job is will make you want to want to seppuku in back of a package car. At least you could add a little more brown to the color scheme as your bowels evacuate.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I suggest finding a new job while you still have time. I've paid my dues for 14+ years, working 16 hour days between two and three jobs. Eventually the full timers incessant whining about how "hard" their job is will make you want to want to seppuku in back of a package car. At least you could add a little more brown to the color scheme as your bowels evacuate.

So sayeth our ray of sunshine.

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
These young guys that don't like seniority need to remember, they too will be grey with bad hips and knees one day. The idea of seniority sure does seem important at this stage in life.

Last edited:

diogenese

I've waited my turn. Guys with one year of seniority ahead of me have been FT for 13 years. Just because it's "legal" to play keep away with the bids, that doesn't make it right.