What have you seen people lose their jobs for? How to avoid being fired.

ikoi62

I had started at 4:45 AM (as a full time clerk) and they sent me out to deliver NDAs due to a staffing crisis.

i don't know where your at but friend/t clerks and porters where i am at we are not required to have a DOT. they never ask us to take out anything.

big idea

A driver got fired in my center in the early 80's when we use to get time studies every couple of years or so.He had a country route.The day before his time study he had his wife send some empty pkgs to some of his shag stops.Coustomer called in wanting to know why box was empty.UPS invstigated,driver lost job.Dumb idea.

old levi's

blank space
A driver got fired in my center in the early 80's when we use to get time studies every couple of years or so.He had a country route.The day before his time study he had his wife send some empty pkgs to some of his shag stops.Coustomer called in wanting to know why box was empty.UPS invstigated,driver lost job.Dumb idea.

Never heard of a shag stop. Is that where you stop and shag? Just asking.......................

mike1646

This driver got fired for having a helper.... A helper that he hired himself and paid him out of his own pocket, he also gave him some of his uniform. He would do 180 stops by 5 and the regular driver 120 by 730, the followed him and he got canned.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Especially since this actually would have made his On-Area MPH go up (in most cases). I use to get a big laugh at all the crazy things drivers use to do trying to increase their allowances.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Especially since this actually would have made his On-Area MPH go up (in most cases). I use to get a big laugh at all the crazy things drivers use to do trying to increase their allowances.
Do you think drivers were doing "crazy" things to be able to goof off out there or because they were being harassed about not going fast enough....just asking???

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We had an OMS that was given the opportunity to resign rather than be fired for shipping an overnight to a relative without paying for it. The OMS took advantage of the offer. :happy-very:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Do you think drivers were doing "crazy" things to be able to goof off out there or because they were being harassed about not going fast enough....just asking???

Neither. I think they were trying to get more allowed hours and did not understand how time study allowances are developed.

brownedout

THEFT!!! The only firings that seem to hold are theft. Part-timers walking off with whole packages, or breaking into them for contents. Back when we still collected cash for C.O.D. shipments, two different drivers for "dipping" into their ups pocket. One of them everyone knew about, he used to replace $ by turn-in time, I guess they felt ,they were being made fools of by not doing anything. A bunch of us told him to stop. Keep your business private everyone. If too many people know, everybody knows.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My Center is about to go on telematics and we had our first class on it Friday. We were told we could not drive off area for lunch because we would be stealing the company's fuel and putting wear on the vehicle. Not a problem to me since I have been packing my lunch for 27 years. We were also told we would be fired if we tried to mess with any of the sensors.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
My Center is about to go on telematics and we had our first class on it Friday. We were told we could not drive off area for lunch because we would be stealing the company's fuel and putting wear on the vehicle. Not a problem to me since I have been packing my lunch for 27 years. We were also told we would be fired if we tried to mess with any of the sensors.
And I am positive that a union rep informed each and every driver the actual DOT laws which trump whatever lies management is spewing about lunches?

menotyou

bella amicizia

We have telematics. I have driven off to go wee-wee and was talked to once. I told them I have one kidney that works, and a small bladder. I keep well hydrated, like they ask, so if I have to go, I will use a restroom like they do. Like Humans are suppose to. I don't see them out back in the bushes pushing out their stinky stuff. Why should I?

thessalonian13

[QUOTE=Years ago we had a peak driver who could not handle peak... he was always behind... then to "catch up" he would dump his last 40 stops or so into the woods and then come in... He was doing this for about 2 weeks when a customer saw him doing this and called our center... there were about a week's worth of route in the woods.