what hours do you work? (package car drivers)

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Dr.Brownz, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

From reading this site it seems like alot of drivers are out till retardedly late times like 8 or 9pm everynight. What is your start time?

In my building we have half the drivers come load at 7am then the rest come in at 9am. The 7am starters are done with their routes by 5(the old guys anyway, one guy who is first in everyday is done at 4:20pm everyday, right after his last letter box at 4:15, drops Air at the building and goes home) while the rest get in at 6pm or at least before 7 then two on rural routes get in it at 7:30ish at the latest (often earlier)

Do you guys have late pickups or what? Our outbound trailer leaves at 8 so that may be what pushes our center to get drivers in earlier.

Also guys who work late: what size of center are you in? My center has 24-25 routes daily and around 35 FT drivers.
  2. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Start sometime between 8:30 and 9am. Finish between 5-11pm. Some days they just :censored2: you.

Just finished eating supper on route. Still got around 40 stops left. As jumpman would say. They may be walking a little gingerly tomorrow. Lol
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Dr.Brownz

On average though what time are you in?

Of course there are always :censored2:ed up days where there are way to many packages and not enough drivers
  4. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

I'm just wondering about the drivers that come in early to load.

On or off the clock?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

It's a crap shoot. Problem with average is take 4 days 2 at 5 and 2 at 9. On average I got off at 7 but I didnt actually get off at 7 anydays.

You basically have to understand ups owns you M-F and you can't plan anything.
  6. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

Most time we start at 8:30. Depends on what route I'm covering as to what time I get done. Punched out at 5:40 today. I know a couple routes that have 6oclock pick ups. Don't punch out til 7ish on those routes.
  7. Dr.Brownz

On clock at top rate. There are no preloaders
  8. Dr.Brownz

yeah pretty much my experience. Even if I'm on a route that ussualy gets done around 5:30.....that one day you plan something will be the day you get way to much :censored2: and your out till 7:30, or having to call for someone to get your pickups while you keep delivering till 9
  9. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Started at 8:55 today. Home in my driveway by 5:15.
  10. BrownTexas

BrownTexas Well-Known Member

That makes me want to punch you in the testicles. But good for you. I'd do a lot to be home that early...
  11. Upstate?
  12. Ive is opted in.
    Done by 700,at the latest
  13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Start at 9:40 (9:10 on Monday)----punched out and gone by 1815-1830.
  14. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Okay. Not many of those centers left.
  15. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

8:30ish start. Done and punched out, 7:15 at the EARLIEST. Most nights after 8

As JUMPMAN would say "Punching them in the NUTS deep into the night":biggrin:
  16. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

840 start and I was averaging 725pm punch out until a couple weeks ago when they started hammering me with peak dispatches so now I'm on the 9.5 list.
  17. Tired Driver

Tired Driver Sisyphus had it easy.

I normally get 2 over 9.5 a week that are between 9.5 to 10.99. The other 3 days are just below the 9.5.
  18. beerme

beerme New Member

8:45 start and usually punch out between 3:30-4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • List
  19. YellowSox

YellowSox Member

Start at 830am. Punch out normally 830 9pm. I like the long days.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  20. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Screw that noise. I don't even work that late during Peak.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List