what hours do you work? (package car drivers)

ArcherUTR

On the 9.5 list in a major hub in a bonus center. I'm the only truck in my loop. They have gradually over the years pushed back our start times from 8:50 till about 9:15-9:20.

Before Orion, I used to try to get off a couple of times a week just after my 5 p.m. letterbox. I would bonus about an hour and get a pay guarantee of about 45 minutes. Hardly ever filed.

Now, because of Orion and a desperate need for drivers, I always get my entire area, never receive any help, and am awarded with about 25 more stops/day often from other loops. I have filed 3 out of the last 4 weeks.

9:15 --> 8:15
~165-185 stops of which 75-100 are businesses and apartments
easy 35 minute pickup run of about 11 pickups.
73 miles, usually 8 or more miles over Orion (one way service road route)

I don't want this many hours or stops.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
On the 9.5 list in a major hub in a bonus center. I'm the only truck in my loop. They have gradually over the years pushed back our start times from 8:50 till about 9:15-9:20.

Before Orion, I used to try to get off a couple of times a week just after my 5 p.m. letterbox. I would bonus about an hour and get a pay guarantee of about 45 minutes. Hardly ever filed.

Now, because of Orion and a desperate need for drivers, I always get my entire area, never receive any help, and am awarded with about 25 more stops/day often from other loops. I have filed 3 out of the last 4 weeks.

9:15 --> 8:15
~165-185 stops of which 75-100 are businesses and apartments
easy 35 minute pickup run of about 11 pickups.
73 miles, usually 8 or more miles over Orion (one way service road route)

I don't want this many hours or stops.

It seems like we never really got out the last peak. I don't see it getting better either.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It seems like we never really got out the last peak. I don't see it getting better either.
It will not be pretty..last peak was the ugliest I've seen in terms volume...just not having spaces on 10 lines (belts) for all the extra routes running. This peak...they may as well park em outside the bay doors and have us cart the packages out to them on flatbeds.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Start at 8:30 off most nights just before 7pm. 9 hr dispatch. Last week was out till 8:10 pm. Next morning they said I needed to be in before 8. So I said you better make sure of it then. I sent in my eta stating it would be after 8. Was news to me about the 8pm cut off. Management never let us know. Most days for me are 100 stops -180 pieces. 6 pick ups - 10 pieces. 175-180 miles

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
8:55 start time. Generally done between 7:30 and 8:30. It's amazing how they slam you with extra work and it's your fault if you are out past 8:00.

Thebrownstreak

8:30am on Mondays 9am rest of week. I run between 210-225 miles a day. 65 stops is a struggle to get 9.5. Maybe 100 total pieces delivered. 10 Pick ups of which i rarely ever get any air packages. Most days i punch out between 8:30-9:00pm. During peak i go up to a whopping 95 stops. Drop all my pick up pieces and punch out most nights at 10pm

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
8:30am on Mondays 9am rest of week. I run between 210-225 miles a day. 65 stops is a struggle to get 9.5. Maybe 100 total pieces delivered. 10 Pick ups of which i rarely ever get any air packages. Most days i punch out between 8:30-9:00pm. During peak i go up to a whopping 95 stops. Drop all my pick up pieces and punch out most nights at 10pm
:censored2: time in the seat, ill drink to that. Im all about less stops and more miles. Got 12 years n 9 months left til the rodeo is over. Just trying to get to the finish line. Not trying to work any hatder than I have too. That aint me be lazy or anything, its just a reality that main focus is to finish the race somehow some way, feel me dude lol.