What I hate about the new contract and why I'm dissapointed with the retro check.

rod

Retired 22 years
Now that the contract has been passed and you will be getting your back pay checks this forum is for all the complaining that will soon to follow about how the new contract sucks and how the retro check wasn't what you thought it would be.

dogs.bite.me

Yep and remember the retro pay doest start until sept 1. Remember union gave ups that 30 day extension. So take the month of August off of your retro calculations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

dogs.bite.me

Not sure that's correct dude

Sent using BrownCafe App

I could be wrong.

But I seem to remember when the national passed and a lot of the riders didn't, Union extended the old contract til Aug 31.

Could be wrong, but I think I'm correct.

dogs.bite.me

uploadfromtaptalk1398288316476.jpg

My steward doesn't know. I wanna say my ba told me sept first though.

My memory isn't the greatest. Ask your ba next time you them.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The letter sent out by Hoffa/Hall today says economics were retroactive to August 1st.

I'm not from any of the areas that were fighting for better supplements but I feel bad that their leadership kept pushing a NO campaign thinking they could strike at will.
They should have worked harder at reaching agreements and negotiating than printing "Vote No" T-shirts.

Sent using BrownCafe App

finaddict

Rod, unless you know something the rest of us don't, there are still unreselved riders/supplements to the nationl which we know passed last year. And the retro pay checks will be just like unused days payoff checks at the end of the year and taxed as a bonus which is like 43%.

Quigley

Rod, unless you know something the rest of us don't, there are still unreselved riders/supplements to the nationl which we know passed last year. And the retro pay checks will be just like unused days payoff checks at the end of the year and taxed as a bonus which is like 43%.
Retro checks will be taxed at the regular payroll rate.

Quigley

Attention all stewards: The National Contract will be implemented this Friday 4/25/14. The new raises will take effect the following Monday. The back pay checks will be sent out in a timely manner they will be separate checks and will be taxed at your normal payroll tax rate. The Team care insurance enhancements will be put into effect on 6/1/14. I will send out more information as I get it. Please help me spread the news. Thank you (728 BA)

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

ScreenCap14 Apr. 23 16.18.jpg

ScreenCap15 Apr. 23 16.18.jpg

Attachments

• UPSLocalUnions-RatificationofAgreement4-23-2014.pdf
    217.1 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
The retro checks will be like green checks. A separate check but since it pushes you into a higher tax bracket much more will be taken out. Don't believe me if you don't want to. Just wait and see.