What I love about the "new" browncafe

'Lord Brown's bidding'

No ma'am… if you think too much about spelling and grammar, we often just delete our entire thoughts. If we just go from our heart, it's authentic (typo's and all).

I do not intend to offend, but I remember someone on another forum pointing out that if a person didn't care enough of their own thought to proofread what they wrote, why should I care about their thought as well.

Bad spelling sticks out very strongly. I may be following what you have to say right up to that bad spelling, but misspelled words convey the thought of someone rambling and not thinking about nor caring about what they say, much like a child. We have adult conversations here, we should be typing like adults, especially since the browser tells you when you are making mistakes. It's laziness not to go back and fix it, and a lazy attitude may come through in a lazy thought.

I am not trying to judge anyone here, and Lord knows I have made my share of misspellings or, more commonly, corrections made by the computer that I didn't mean and that mess up my idea. To that end, Cheryl, is there any way to extend the time limit on how long we can edit our posts? 5 minutes, maybe even 10 minutes is waaay too short. Also, can it be made possible to delete our own posts?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Cheryl, is there any way to extend the time limit on how long we can edit our posts? 5 minutes, maybe even 10 minutes is waaay too short. Also, can it be made possible to delete our own posts?
Sure, no problem. The edit time limit is currently 15 minutes. I'll change it to edit / delete within 30 minutes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I lost the ability to edit my posts a few months ago. It was entirely my own fault--I would post something disparaging, usually about moreluck, leave it online for a moment and then edit it. Childish? Sure.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I lost the ability to edit my posts a few months ago. It was entirely my own fault--I would post something disparaging, usually about moreluck, leave it online for a moment and then edit it. Childish? Sure.
Give me your word that you won't abuse it again and and I'll switch post edits back on for you.