What If Texas Left??

island1fox

:warriorsmiley:Never mind Texas leaving the U.S. I would much prefer a few "choice " Cities take a walk starting with L.A. , S.friend. , Chicago, Detroit and New York City for starters. Talk about budget deficits and poorly managed in all areas.

moreluck

golden ticket member
:warriorsmiley:Never mind Texas leaving the U.S. I would much prefer a few "choice " Cities take a walk starting with L.A. , S.friend. , Chicago, Detroit and New York City for starters. Talk about budget deficits and poorly managed in all areas.
New York, definitely.......that Schumer guy drives me nuts. San Fran is Pelosi. Deroit is becoming muslim central,Dearborn too. Chicago is the main campus for criminal politics and L.A. will take all those Hollywood nuts away.

wkmac

treason (ˈtriːz [SUP]ə [/SUP]n)
n
1.violation or betrayal of the allegiance that a person owes his sovereign or his country, esp by attempting to overthrow the government; high treason
2.any treachery or betrayal

Between the special interests of all stripes and the actions of politicians of all stripes, IMHO this definition above completely applies to what takes place in Washington DC on a daily basis!

wkmac

If you truly had decentralized gov't at the national level, would it then mean a damn thing what they did in LA, SF, Chicago or NY?

texan

I vist Texas a half a dozen time a year. They are for the most part their own country now. According to a Texan everything there is bigger (unless you remind them of Alaska ----which they don't like to hear) , better, faster, purdier, taller, better tasting, etc., etc., etc., than any other state. State pride is one thing but Texans take it to the next level. I'm always happy to get back to Minnesota and even though we have our share of cold weather and some mosquitos at least the damn ants don't bite. (ask the wife what happened the time she sat down on a fire ant nest while visiting Texas.)

I had Fire ants eat me once. grrrr I had my pants off so quick. (no one say any thing dumb)
They do not play.

804brown

Are you kidding me?? NYC is a net loser on taxes to DC. They give more than they get back in services,etc.It is places down south and out west in rural areas that get lots of our tax money in return for what they give.

wkmac

Are you kidding me?? NYC is a net loser on taxes to DC. They give more than they get back in services,etc.It is places down south and out west in rural areas that get lots of our tax money in return for what they give.

So are you making a case to de-power and de-centralized the federal state as well? According to your argument above, your area is getting shortchanged and thus your fellow citizens in real need are harmed likewise. Besides, the money that goes south to Washington DC has a nice % craved out by rent seekers and then the remaining and much smaller amount comes back and then we wonder why there's not enough money for the poor and disadvantaged. Cut Washington out of the pie and helping the poor costs less and they get more all at the same time.

But then the money formerly going to Washington can't be manipulated as a price support and price floor for aggregate demand whose intervention creates a false demand in the supplyside equation (read excess overproduction inventory) which in turn supports profits upwards for the connected corp. interests. This also maintains a upward support for inflating prices which again harms the poor while yet supporting irresponsible gov't that uses debt instead of paying as you go. Inflation also moves lower taxpayers into higher tax brackets while no real upward movement in purchasing power. The ever higher taxes actually begin to strip wealth and you wonder why the middle class has been dwindling away on the vine.

You don't think for one minute that Corp. Consumer America wants to end a welfare scheme in which folks use other peoples money to go out and buy new Flat Screen TV's, the latest in cellphones, killer gaming consoles or computer systems do you? You don't think the likes of Walmart, Best Buy, etc. know very well what the bottom line profit impact of this profit line being ended? Perpetual welfare is nothing more than wealth re-distribution to the top and they've put a fall guy in the middle to take the blame. We're just dumb enough to fall for it!

And you thought welfare was about goodwill. You didn't think the 1% were that stupid did you?

:peaceful:

804brown

Wkmac, just looking for a fairer allocation of resources. Im not saying there arent places of need in the south that need federal assistance.

wkmac

Wkmac, just looking for a fairer allocation of resources. Im not saying there arent places of need in the south that need federal assistance.

I don't disagree at all but I did take your point out to it's conclusion. And BTW, the allocation of resources would be fairer and I'm just following the premise of localized particaptory democracy and local self rule as evidenced from the Occupy movement. You mean you don't see that for what it is at it's core? Sad, very sad!

P

pickup

I vist Texas a half a dozen time a year. They are for the most part their own country now. According to a Texan everything there is bigger (unless you remind them of Alaska ----which they don't like to hear) , better, faster, purdier, taller, better tasting, etc., etc., etc., than any other state. State pride is one thing but Texans take it to the next level.

That attitude reminds me of a browncafe member who has the same attitude, only it happens to be about his country, Canada.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Its amazing, you live among the MINORITY, and the rest of the state are the NUTS?

Peace

TOS
You look at Berkeley and San Francisco and tell me those people are normal and keep a straight face doing it. They are allowed to walk around downtown San Fran NAKED......that's not normal!!!