What if the Ground ISP Model Fails?

quadro

Just call in sick the day after your day off and that guy can be elected to run your route with all those "problem packages" he left under the belt the day before.
Nice idea because that guy deserves it but there are two things to keep in mind with that strategy. 1. It is going to cost you 10 hours of pay to "stick it" to that guy, and 2. that guy has another 4X10 route to run so a swing is probably going to run your route. So maybe not such a good idea after all.

bbsam

Staff member
It makes sense to me why I see such empty Express trucks now. It's all back at the terminal. I'm surprised at Express. I think Smith needs to rethink his approach with this and (though I can hear the howls of rage as I type this) learn a thing or two from Ground. Goal: If it hits the terminal, it hits the streets.

vantexan

It makes sense to me why I see such empty Express trucks now. It's all back at the terminal. I'm surprised at Express. I think Smith needs to rethink his approach with this and (though I can hear the howls of rage as I type this) learn a thing or two from Ground. Goal: If it hits the terminal, it hits the streets.

You see such empty trucks because the big bulk freight has mostly shifted to Ground. Sure we get the odd large box but nothing like we used to carry before Ground became a factor. I guess my back owes you Ground guys big time. I guess we really don't deserve anymore than we're getting. Thank goodness Spam is cheap, LOL!

bbsam

Staff member
That bbsam, that bbsam
I do not like that bbsam.

I do not like him on the 'net
I do not like him, care to bet?
I do not like his arrogant way
I do not like his driver pay.
I hope the Teamsters make a try,
And bend him over, make him cry.

Oh Cheryl, oh Cheryl, we make this plea,
Before you now on bended knee:
Defend the honor of Brown Cafe
and make bbsam go away!

Thank-you Upstate for the invitation. That was fun.:happy-very:

FedExer267

I dont know about you guys but it is really irritating to wake up on Sunday Morning and watch the Football pregame with FedEx obviously as a sponsor, this is also after watching the Eagles kick the crap out of the Redskins at Fedex field last week knowing Denny Hamlin is going for his first Championship driving the FedEx car today and ofcourse this is after the Fedex cup wrapped up a few weeks ago. Meanwhile the frontlines of this company continue to get treated like crap. I am all for FedEx getting its name out there to drum up business but before you Sponsor the newest flavor of SPAM take care of your frontlines first. This is exactly what is wrong with big business today. k I feel better

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I dont know about you guys but it is really irritating to wake up on Sunday Morning and watch the Football pregame with FedEx obviously as a sponsor, this is also after watching the Eagles kick the crap out of the Redskins at Fedex field last week knowing Denny Hamlin is going for his first Championship driving the FedEx car today and ofcourse this is after the Fedex cup wrapped up a few weeks ago. Meanwhile the frontlines of this company continue to get treated like crap. I am all for FedEx getting its name out there to drum up business but before you Sponsor the newest flavor of SPAM take care of your frontlines first. This is exactly what is wrong with big business today. k I feel better

FedEx made a couple of concessions last year as far as sponsorships go. I believe that they dropped the Orange Bowl sponsorship and Super Bowl ads, but that's about it. My take is that it was because they weren't getting enough bang for their buck, but PR tried to spin-it as if they were making a huge cutback in sympathy with employees.

bbsam

Staff member
There are new flavors of Spam?

newgirl

You see such empty trucks because the big bulk freight has mostly shifted to Ground. Sure we get the odd large box but nothing like we used to carry before Ground became a factor. I guess my back owes you Ground guys big time. I guess we really don't deserve anymore than we're getting. Thank goodness Spam is cheap, LOL!

vantexan is right. I get pretty much the same stuff everyday. Phones, medicine, mortgage default letters, credit card default letters, and signature needed stuff from the same shippers. We don't seem to be getting any new shippers that ship in bulk. Everyone seems to have the Amazon/Amazon Prime stuff so I guess they are spreading it around.

Our station has been doing the no TU or WE on Monday for a while. The deferred thing is just starting.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Our station has been doing the no TU or WE on Monday for a while. The deferred thing is just starting.
Yeah,
I love the double standards at X. Don't take out Tu or Weds on Monday but, it's policy that we take out every Sat. package that comes down the belt on Fri.