What if the Ground ISP Model Fails?

FedExer267

yep that me Mr Unhappy Thats only cuz I work for a shady contractor. But that raises a question maybe you can answer.
Why do you suppose a Multi billion dollar company fights so hard for the RLA if their Express employees are happy?
Why do you suppose the same company fights so hard to protect their IC scam?
could it be because they dont believe in a fair days wage or are they just greedy

FedEx2000

OK, this is starting to make sense to me, but what happens when a customer tracks their package and it shows an arrival scan of Monday and a scheduled delivery date of Tuesday?

They can either come pick it up at the station on Monday, or wait for it to be delivered on Tuesday. Agree or disagree, it's about trying to get the customer to pay for the service they want. Rather than shipping 2-Day and getting it delivered before 10:30 on Monday b/c we are already going there, eventually they will either pay for 10:30 service or get it later. I agree that it makes no sense that we do it on Monday's, but not the rest of the week....

Basically, you don't pay for 85 octane fuel and get premium......so the ultimate goal is to get the customer to pay the premium for the service they are getting (being delivered a day early or before 10:30 without paying for it). It's also becoming more of an issue as P1 volumes drop and people use E2/XS more and more.