What if you had 5 mins with Fred?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What would you tell Mr.Smith if you had 5 minutes of his time all to yourself? Fred can only listen....he can't say a single word.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
How in the world did you get the contract to move USPS freight without UPS competing for that lucrative traffic. Who's pockets are you lining and when are you going to negotiate contracts out from behind the scenes? You've been in the ground business since 1999. How you have been able to pull off this coup and not re-invest what seems to be millions or maybe even billions of profit back to the people who are loyal to your cause? I work as a competitor, sure..but how about giving your employees a decent wage as a good faith gesture to get through these trying times? A hard working loyal employee is just as important as a paying customer.

UPSSOCKS

Fight until you die to keep your company from being unionized. Don't let a union ruin your company like the teamsters ruined UPS.

bbsam

Staff member
I would ask him where my check is for posting "pro-Fedex" posts on BC. I hear there is compensation for that kind of thing.

Broke

Fight until you die to keep your company from being unionized. Don't let a union ruin your company like the teamsters ruined UPS.
This is such an idiotic statement. Can you explain how the Teamsters have ruined UPS? UPS has about 14 billion more in annual revenue than Fedex does and Fedex misclassifies drivers as Independent contractors and aviation employees to get cheap labor. Conclusion: Fedex cheats the system and still does worse than UPS.

I firmly believe that if there was no Teamsters with UPS,Fedex would have been out of business long ago.Being a former UPS employee,the Teamsters protects the many many slackers at UPS while Fedex just fires them.

UPSSOCKS

This is such an idiotic statement. Can you explain how the Teamsters have ruined UPS? UPS has about 14 billion more in annual revenue than Fedex does and Fedex misclassifies drivers as Independent contractors and aviation employees to get cheap labor. Conclusion: Fedex cheats the system and still does worse than UPS.

Do you know what UPS's biggest cost is.... TEAMSTERS... That's I wish the union would take a little pride in their work. That's why I say what I say. I have been at UPS for many many years. I know union employees that I would take a bullet for, and I know union employees I wouldn't even call 911 for help for. Sometime after the company went public things started going down hill. All the new union does is want want want. Half of the union is lazy, three quarters of management is lazy. This company provides for you. Things aren't that good but all of you have secure management and non management positions. Everyone thinks of our flaws and mistakes as numbers but they are more than that. A misload, is someone's property, it's two customers (shipper and reciever), it's could be something very important and life changing to someone. Yet we still misload. Air packages are expensive and usually shipped air because of their importance but we still leave them in the buildings. I see posts on here that talk about union employees getting fired for misloads and other controllable things. How do we let it get to that? When times are tough they are tough because we made it that way. If everyone (union and managment) did the right things day in and day out imagine where we would be.

Broke

Do you know what UPS's biggest cost is.... TEAMSTERS... That's I wish the union would take a little pride in their work. That's why I say what I say. I have been at UPS for many many years. I know union employees that I would take a bullet for, and I know union employees I wouldn't even call 911 for help for. Sometime after the company went public things started going down hill. All the new union does is want want want. Half of the union is lazy, three quarters of management is lazy. This company provides for you. Things aren't that good but all of you have secure management and non management positions. Everyone thinks of our flaws and mistakes as numbers but they are more than that. A misload, is someone's property, it's two customers (shipper and reciever), it's could be something very important and life changing to someone. Yet we still misload. Air packages are expensive and usually shipped air because of their importance but we still leave them in the buildings. I see posts on here that talk about union employees getting fired for misloads and other controllable things. How do we let it get to that? When times are tough they are tough because we made it that way. If everyone (union and managment) did the right things day in and day out imagine where we would be.
So... you don't think we have misloads, missorts, or misdeliveries at Fedex?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

UPS seems to be doing pretty well for a company that is "ruined". If you weren't Teamsters you'd be in the same situation as us...bent over. You sound like a bitter old manager to me, so you must idolize someone like Smith. In that case, you'd like both companies to be non-union, with no benefits, and paying about $9.50 per hour...WalMart!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why does UPS want FedEx to unionize so bad? Answer: It will put FedEx Ground out of buisness... Unions ruin companies.

Out of business? No. It would, however, remove an extreme competitive advantage enjoyed by FedEx Ground and their contractor scam. FedEx can offer lower rates because the corporation has successfully handed-off most of it's costs to Ground "employees". Unions don't ruin companies...poor management does.