What if you lose a COD check?

badpal

You know it seems COD S almost thing of the past. Old timers can remember what a pain they used to be . You think losing a check is bad think about a carney shorting a kid driver a couple hundred cash. Yeah that kid was me . lol

1080Driver

In a way I miss taking cash, you'd always end up a few dollars ahead & waiting for a count by a supe equaled EZ OT; but all in all I'm glad its check only

rod

Retired 22 years
You know it seems COD S almost thing of the past. Old timers can remember what a pain they used to be . You think losing a check is bad think about a carney shorting a kid driver a couple hundred cash. Yeah that kid was me . lol

Boy that brought back bad memories. I hated fair time. Every package to the fair was cash only COD and they always paid you in fives and ones and sometimes change. Everyone of them would try to cheat you. You seldom got rid of the stuff on the first day. I was always glad to see the last day of the fair come so I could RTS half the crap.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

True story. A route I had a long time ago had the county fairgrounds on it. One year I did get shorted forty bucks the last day of the fair. The next year I was forty bucks over two days in a row. Karma!

badpal

Boy that brought back bad memories. I hated fair time. Every package to the fair was cash only COD and they always paid you in fives and ones and sometimes change. Everyone of them would try to cheat you. You seldom got rid of the stuff on the first day. I was always glad to see the last day of the fair come so I could RTS half the crap.
Yes Rod you know the routine. Remember pulling into the faigrounds having about 10 carneys rushing to you looking for thier cash only COD S . Most didnt have the cash and begging you to come back tomm. Oh bet you remember the albums and tapes coming in for a COD OF 19.99 CASH

rod

Retired 22 years
Yes Rod you know the routine. Remember pulling into the faigrounds having about 10 carneys rushing to you looking for thier cash only COD S . Most didnt have the cash and begging you to come back tomm. Oh bet you remember the albums and tapes coming in for a COD OF 19.99 CASH

I always had to go find the right POS trailer and wake up some idiot carney to get the cash. If I remember right most of those COD tapes and albums came from the Record of the Month Club in Terre Haute, Ind.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
hypothetical question, what if someone loses or miss places a COD check?
hypotheticaly if your check got lost and your envelope arrived all torn up and tattered like happens in housemail bag....they will give you a follow up, telling the consignee if the check has not cleared, coz they dont know.....to write a new one minus the stop payment fee as was said before. They get a few days to check the records to see if the check you turned in, was actually lost. No one knows whe the checks go, its kinda like socks in a dryer. Sometimes you put em in, and they dont come out.

RedThunder

Several years ago my cod turn in was over $400 dollars one day. I had all the tags, checked them multiple times, told center manager, he checked it. Couldn't figure it out. He told me to hold the money the mistake would turn up. About a week later found out the tag was incorrect. When I pulled it off the tape lifted the ink off the tag. It was a $440 cod instead of $40. This route had tons of cod's usually 20 or more in a day with me easily having 3-5k in cash on me. It wasn't the greatest of areas either. Never felt real comfortable with that kind of cash on me.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
COD are not a big deal but don't lose money orders!!! I once lost 1500 in money orders from the post office their policy was you had to wait 30 days to make sure no one cashed them. This was before I was full scale so I really sweated out those 30 days.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Several years ago my cod turn in was over $400 dollars one day. I had all the tags, checked them multiple times, told center manager, he checked it. Couldn't figure it out. He told me to hold the money the mistake would turn up. About a week later found out the tag was incorrect. When I pulled it off the tape lifted the ink off the tag. It was a $440 cod instead of $40. This route had tons of cod's usually 20 or more in a day with me easily having 3-5k in cash on me. It wasn't the greatest of areas either. Never felt real comfortable with that kind of cash on me.

Did you return the $400?

T

Turdferguson

Due to current events, I feel the need to ask the following despite the age of the thread.

Would I get disciplined by my superiors?
I've never known anyone disciplined for it, but have known people who have had to cover the cost.
I would say that it would depend on your relationship with your local management