What is a Fedex UPW Supervisor / Line Agent?

Sum Guy

> If you have a zip code, you have multiple sales reps.

As I said earlier in this thread, I was shipping something (piezo electric transducers) from Canada to USA. That should tell you that I'm in Canada. You know - that big white space above North Dakota.

Apparently we do have a fedex sales rep. The person called earlier this year - asked to speak with an employee that hasn't worked for us in about 13 years. In other words, during the course of more than a decade of shipping with Fedex, we apparently have had no reason to interact with our "sales rep", although we have to call 1-800-go-fedex about once a month to deal with a paperwork issue that shouldn't have to be dealt with because we supplied the relavent form (in duplicate or triplicate) with the package at the time it was picked up - and (just to be sure) we faxed it to at least one of the unlisted fedex numbers that we've been given in the past.

At no time during any of these calls to inquire about the reason why a package is being held up does the fedex person on the other end of the line ever mention that maybe we should contact our "sales rep", or mention that we even have a "sales rep" that can do something about these events.

dezguy

> If you have a zip code, you have multiple sales reps.

As I said earlier in this thread, I was shipping something (piezo electric transducers) from Canada to USA. That should tell you that I'm in Canada. You know - that big white space above North Dakota.

Apparently we do have a fedex sales rep. The person called earlier this year - asked to speak with an employee that hasn't worked for us in about 13 years. In other words, during the course of more than a decade of shipping with Fedex, we apparently have had no reason to interact with our "sales rep", although we have to call 1-800-go-fedex about once a month to deal with a paperwork issue that shouldn't have to be dealt with because we supplied the relavent form (in duplicate or triplicate) with the package at the time it was picked up - and (just to be sure) we faxed it to at least one of the unlisted fedex numbers that we've been given in the past.

At no time during any of these calls to inquire about the reason why a package is being held up does the fedex person on the other end of the line ever mention that maybe we should contact our "sales rep", or mention that we even have a "sales rep" that can do something about these events.
Sales reps aren't going to go to a customer to help them out with a problem unless said customer requests a visit. Sales primary job is just that; SALES. The other part of the job is customer support but only if the customer requests it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sales reps aren't going to go to a customer to help them out with a problem unless said customer requests a visit. Sales primary job is just that; SALES. The other part of the job is customer support but only if the customer requests it.

Our BD folks do pay sporadic visits to service their accounts.

hypo hanna

Our sales reps cover multiple zip codes.
Another example of ups efficiency and fedex inefficiency. I suspect our sales force is much larger the big browns and still this customer can't get a visit. My suggestion to him is to call up fedex and promise a bunch of new volume. They will be on his doorstep before the week is out.

It will be fine

I think Dano failing to comment on this thread and explain this strange acronym pokes holes in the "Dano is a corporate PR spokesman" theory. If he actually worked in PR he'd answer this confused customer. Seems more likely he's just a manager that likes taunting hourlies.

hypo hanna

..... Seems more likely he's just a manager that likes taunting hourlies.
I have always thought of him as some low level Memphis auditor type. He has been to some stations and seen a few sorts. Maybe even a couple of ride alongs. Now he has convinced himself that that makes him an operations expert.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I think Dano failing to comment on this thread and explain this strange acronym pokes holes in the "Dano is a corporate PR spokesman" theory. If he actually worked in PR he'd answer this confused customer. Seems more likely he's just a manager that likes taunting hourlies.

I've never heard of UPW, unless I'm just saying that.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I have always thought of him as some low level Memphis auditor type. He has been to some stations and seen a few sorts. Maybe even a couple of ride alongs. Now he has convinced himself that that makes him an operations expert.

You can tell a dispatcher, but you can't tell her much.