what is a serious offense

W

want to retire

To bad you would need the local to work for ups unless you go into management. Why didn't you ever go into management you seem to be suited for it??

Give the man a seegar! I've often wondered myself.........Always sides with mgt...........the other side of any situation........

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You would be kicked out of my local.. any Union member knowingly bringing harm to another member can be removed. Why do you always think management needs help. It may be wrong what they are doing but it is not your job to rat on anyone. People like that always get themselves caught.

This clown is only a member of a local because he works at UPS. At UPS we are paid to deliver boxes. This brother should be fired instantly.

UPS Lifer

no...not rolling them.....i mean "rolling" them as in not delivering them and bringing them back to the building so they can be delivered by the regular or another driver the next day.
haha

We used to call this - smoking packages or smoked packages. It must be a West Coast thing!

BTW - This requires progressive discipline.

SlowRide80k

My other one is Red Tag'd
Management can fire you for anything. However, the union can in most cases get your job back. The following things they can get rid of you without progressive dicipline and the union will likely not get you your job back.

"In cases of:

1 Proven Dishonesty
2 drinking of alcoholic beverages while on duty
3 recklessness resulting in a serious accident while on duty
4 the carrying of unauthorized passengers
5 unprovoked assault of an employee or supervisory employee while on duty
6 selling, transporting or use if illegal narcotics while in the employment of the employer
7 willful, wanton or malicious damage to the employer's property

shall be dischargeable offenses without the necessity of a warning letter being in effect."

Well we has a #2 in our center just a year ago. Supe let the driver finish his route (crazy) and driver got his job back after 6+ months out. He got it back but I would agree that those are all end of the line type offenses.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
To bad you would need the local to work for ups unless you go into management. Why didn't you ever go into management you seem to be suited for it??

Actually I thought he was better suited for a steward than management ... I guess he is too smart for either one. Just saying.

BTW ... y'all do realize this thread was defunct for 4 1/2 years before tie suckered youn's in.

We call them soakers where I'm at. Usually runners are the culprits. They think they are entitled to get off at 5. I always knew what entitled was but a center manager really explained how he thought we were entitled. After this learning I think I have learned how to make it here at ups. I don't feel entitled (as I never did) but we all have something we feel entitled to.

It could be a certain truck. Or maybe a certain area. Maybe we feel like it should be a certain stop count or an ETA. You know we all have ballgames or dance recitals that we need to make. We work for ups and it's a system. We need to work within this system in these times more than ever before. I will flourish in this system because I've looked into their minds and have an understanding of how they think and I know what I'm entitled to. A hard days work for a fairs day pay. To always second guess myself as to how my actions will be perceived on a computer. Game on learn the game it's a sport. They think it is