What is a shuttle driver?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by lessthan0, Nov 21, 2007.

1. lessthan0

lessthan0 New Member

tried searching, no luck. thanks!

2. IDoLessWorkThanMost

IDoLessWorkThanMost New Member

A car that transports packages in a vehicle from ctr to ctr. For instance, I shuttle a :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:box from the customer counter to the warehouse containing NDA's, SDWC's, and other assorted stuff.

3. mattwtrs

mattwtrs Retired Senior Member

They shuttle air packages from the airport gateway to the centers and vice versa, 4 or 5 days a week!

4. rod

rod retired and happy

In 1971 I was hired as a shuttle driver. I drove a flat top Ford Econoline about 350 miles every night between Minnesota to North Dakota. Most nights at the begining I would carry maybe 1 or 2 packages over to ND and bring back none. It was a tough job but it had to be done.:happy2: Then being the :censored2: I am it bid off that onto a downtown delivery route:sad-little: I continued to sink into the tolet from there:poop:

5. Dutch Dawg

Dutch Dawg Active Member

What service would UPS have offered back in 1971 that would have required 'shuttling' so few packages on a regular basis?

6. rod

rod retired and happy

UPS had just started delivery service to both North and South Dakota . The "shuttle run" with a little Ford Econoline would later turn into a feeder route with one of those big trucks that bend in the middle and go ttsssssssss. If I remember right it lasted for at least 3-4 months before there was enough pkgs going either direction to justify using a 24 ft trailer. I made quite a few trips with only me and an occasional hitchhicker. (don't tell anyone):wink2:

7. DS

DS Fenderbender

UPS has a huge hub on the moon and they often store high value packages there for logistics purposes. Shuttle drivers often wait years to see a moon pcm.

8. diesel96

diesel96 New Member

A shuttle driver picks you up at the Goofy, Mickey or Minnie parking lot at DisneyWorld and shuttles you back and forth to the theme park. Keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times and don't forget your kids when exiting the vehicle. After you gain senority as a shuttle driver, then you can look forward towards the monorail driver job. Good Luck

9. ogrelord

ogrelord Ground Down

best part is the new disney contract pays part timers the same as full timers