what is allowed past the guard shack?

Nikki

I was under the impression that nothing food/drink wise was allowed to be brought in past the guard shack, but ive seen people bring in food, and drinks all he time. There is a sign outside saying to empty all coolers, and containers before entering guard shack.

the thing is ive seen everyone bring food and drinks as well as purses and such into the building, and be fine.... so which is it?

oh im in the mesquite texas hub

I was under the impression that nothing food/drink wise was allowed to be brought in past the guard shack, but ive seen people bring in food, and drinks all he time. There is a sign outside saying to empty all coolers, and containers before entering guard shack.

the thing is ive seen everyone bring food and drinks as well as purses and such into the building, and be fine.... so which is it?

You are limited to only one uzi in Texas.

bg7519

I'm in Mesquite as well.

What they seem to enforce is no cell phones w/o a pass. I wouldn't bring in anything that didn't stay on or near your person though.

The no food and drink is mainly for the exit procedure. I've always had to empty my water jug before entering the guard shack.

lmeiler9831

aka The Gazelle
There is a clean in-clean out policy. You are supposed to only be able to wear a watch and wedding ring. Our building for a while was strict on no cell phones. But lately people bring in their cell phones, iPod's, and other stuff. You can bring in food and drink, I always bring a water bottle and a snack. Every once in a while though they will get "strict" on the clean in-clean out...

Nikki

I'm in Mesquite as well.

What they seem to enforce is no cell phones w/o a pass. I wouldn't bring in anything that didn't stay on or near your person though.

The no food and drink is mainly for the exit procedure. I've always had to empty my water jug before entering the guard shack.

I really only bring my ID and car keys in, I usually just get water in the building, but im pickey, lol i usually only drink metromint, especially in the summer, I want to bring in my own water, but didnt know if it would get taken away.... I wouldnt bring food except maybe a cliff bar or some other protein bar.

So it should be okay for me to bring my water and a snack, in.... Id just have to have the bottle empty when I leave....? if thats the case ill just toss it on my way out of the building....

ol'browneye

I would think the "empty cooler" is warning you that they are going to look in your cooler to see what you are bringing in. Drivers bring their lunch to work in small coolers everyday. You shouldn't have any problem bringing in your drink and snack. Enjoy.

D

Dis-organized Labor

I prefer the Texas Flashlight.

Just got hired as a seasonal driver helper at the Mesquite location - have orientation tomorrow at 10:30am. Wish me luck!

Good Luck!

Do a good job and be your own man/woman.
DO NOT pay attention to the people spewing crap about how the Company sucks, etc. You'll find that junk in every large Company.
Best Wishes.....Do your Best!!!!

DOL

Big Babooba

I brought this past the guard shack once. Nobody even came out to question me.:happy-very:

300px-7.2_inch_howitzer_of_51st_Heavy_Regiment.jpg
300px-7.2_inch_howitzer_of_51st_Heavy_Regiment.jpg

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Is it that bad in TX that you can't bring in a snack and a water bottle? What detention camp is that?

PTfoo,

Welcome to the BrownCafe! You can bring snacks and a cooler you will just have to open the cooler on your way out..

ESpren

ESpren,

Welcome to the BrownCafe and good luck tomorrow, let us know how it goes!:peaceful:

Almost the end of week two. I've enjoyed every bit of my work so far. Clocked 39.5 hours last week and on track for over 40 hours this week. I've become proficient on the major functions of both the DIAD III and IV. I could certainly see myself as a driver sometime in the future.

We have, on average, 200-300 stops (50-60 commercial). I start at 11am and am normally off at 7pm, sometimes around 8 o'clock. Last Thursday we had almost 350 stops.....and halfway through the main DIAD died and, of course, the DIAD III didn't have EDD dl'd. The following 150 stops all had to be manually entered (not to mention the set up had to be 100% correct and all packages accounted for). What a pain!

My body is still getting accustomed to being physically active for 8 to 9 straight hours. I broke my right femur in a motorcycle wreck last May and was laid up for some time. This is my first job since the wreck... A couple of Ace wraps/Aleves and I'm good to go!

Quick question....how is OT calculated for seasonal part-time employees?

RockdaleEddie

Optimized

Wow we pretty much do whatever we want in our center.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Almost the end of week two. I've enjoyed every bit of my work so far. Clocked 39.5 hours last week and on track for over 40 hours this week. I've become proficient on the major functions of both the DIAD III and IV. I could certainly see myself as a driver sometime in the future.

We have, on average, 200-300 stops (50-60 commercial). I start at 11am and am normally off at 7pm, sometimes around 8 o'clock. Last Thursday we had almost 350 stops.....and halfway through the main DIAD died and, of course, the DIAD III didn't have EDD dl'd. The following 150 stops all had to be manually entered (not to mention the set up had to be 100% correct and all packages accounted for). What a pain!

My body is still getting accustomed to being physically active for 8 to 9 straight hours. I broke my right femur in a motorcycle wreck last May and was laid up for some time. This is my first job since the wreck... A couple of Ace wraps/Aleves and I'm good to go!

Quick question....how is OT calculated for seasonal part-time employees?

Sounds like you're doing well, your driver should appreciate that.

I think your OT is calculated based on over 8 hours each day rather than a weekly total, somebody correct me if I'm wrong..

ESpren

Why not? Your driver should be getting EDD on both boards before leaving the bldg for just this situation.

He forgot to download it that day...first (and last) time he made that mistake!

I think your OT is calculated based on over 8 hours each day rather than a weekly total, somebody correct me if I'm wrong..

That is correct, I had a few hours overtime on my check today even though my total hours were under 40. Too bad they shorted me by 4 hours :sad-very: (they know about the shortage - I made sure of it)! Clocked 41.5 hours this week, btw