What is being a package car driver like?

Rainman

Its all good.
Are you sure that's the worst job at UPS? Breaking ur back as a loader for 8.50 and hour sounds a little worse. I'm fully aware that drivers are harder than the average job but it's great for someone who hadn't gone to college and the pay is great
$8.50 an hour for 4-5 hours as opposed to twice that or more in delivery. The extra hours make all the difference. Been there, done both jobs.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

Quigley

Let me say right up front that I have never been a package driver or part timer. I went into feeders rfom day 1 and have been there for 21 years. I also have a son who is a package driver. He spent 5 years as a part timer waiting to go full time. Most of the part timers in my area wanting to go full time will spend between 4 to 6 years waiting for a opening. If things are as bad as some people will claim why isnt there more of a turn over? Seems to me if it was that bad there would a lot more opening a lot sooner. Just saying.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Let me say right up front that I have never been a package driver or part timer. I went into feeders rfom day 1 and have been there for 21 years. I also have a son who is a package driver. He spent 5 years as a part timer waiting to go full time. Most of the part timers in my area wanting to go full time will spend between 4 to 6 years waiting for a opening. If things are as bad as some people will claim why isnt there more of a turn over? Seems to me if it was that bad there would a lot more opening a lot sooner. Just saying.
Its kinda like when a women gives up that pie, boom they gotcha. Get what im saying, your not going to go anywhere and get that kind of money so the answer to your question is pretty obvious homeboy lol.

Quigley

I guess I must not be normal. I didnt marry the first pie I ever got, and i wouldnt work somewhere that would put my marriage at risk, and the kids didnt know who I was.
By the way I'm not your homeboy.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Come on dude really, you going to act that serious bout a joke. Way too serious dude. OK then I will put it in plain English for you MR. BORING. We get paid really good money as supposed to a lot of other jobs out there and once you get used to making that kind of money and have a bunch of years in, you pretty much cant go back. Comprende ese?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Just like the 1000s of other drivers who work at UNITED PARCEL SLAVES. To me it aint about my happiness, its all bout business. You do what you got to do to get where you need to go in life, plain and simple. Its all bout surviving and your inner mental strength and intestinal fortitude to get you where you want and need to go in life. You don't quit something in life that makes you unhappy if it is going to benefit your family or yourself in the long haul. That's a sign of mental weakness my friend. Sounds to me in my opinion you wouldn't cut it as a package driver anyway. Now were done, after your response. Just squash it after that, everybody is different in their ideas, values and beliefs. Didn't come on here to butt heads with somebody. So ill apologize to ya if you took anything the wrong way and that will be it.

Marne Vet

Hours? I'm 17 and I work at UPS and a lot of people are becoming a driver in under 6 years of working here. So by the time I'm 23 I could have a job like this paying a :censored2:load of money with benefits. I plan to go to college but I have no career goal at all. If you were in my position what would you do? Is driving something you would do if you could go back in time?

What's being a full time driver like? Stretch your dick out as far as it'll go, then jump up in the air and cannonball your ball sack. That's called DISPATCH. Next, find a blunt object with a very odd extension on the end of it. Like a snow shovel. Now have someone shove it up your stink-shute all the way to the handle. That's called MANAGEMENT. Do that for 30 years, retire, and die a week later a short broken old man who hates everything brown. Good luck kid.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
What's being a full time driver like? Stretch your dick out as far as it'll go, then jump up in the air and cannonball your ball sack. That's called DISPATCH. Next, find a blunt object with a very odd extension on the end of it. Like a snow shovel. Now have someone shove it up your stink-shute all the way to the handle. That's called MANAGEMENT. Do that for 30 years, retire, and die a week later a short broken old man who hates everything brown. Good luck kid.
You seem somewhat dis-enchanted with the job.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Because he sees what most of the country sees on a daily basis. Must be nice in CANDYLAND where your at MONSTER. Im not hatin on ya dude, if its good where your at, im happy for ya. But most of us are serving our prison sentence at ALCATRAZ

The Milkman

Sounds to me like you went a little soft on the description.........

The Milkman

Just like the 1000s of other drivers who work at UNITED PARCEL SLAVES. To me it aint about my happiness, its all bout business. You do what you got to do to get where you need to go in life, plain and simple. Its all bout surviving and your inner mental strength and intestinal fortitude to get you where you want and need to go in life. You don't quit something in life that makes you unhappy if it is going to benefit your family or yourself in the long haul. That's a sign of mental weakness my friend. Sounds to me in my opinion you wouldn't cut it as a package driver anyway. Now were done, after your response. Just squash it after that, everybody is different in their ideas, values and beliefs. Didn't come on here to butt heads with somebody. So ill apologize to ya if you took anything the wrong way and that will be it.

OH YEAHHHH!!