What is it ?

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
A driver I load for and speak with often says " after I get asked "whats in it?" enough in a day, I usally say to them " its the blow up doll you ordered " ".

My god thats hilarious.
I wish I had a photo of my buddy's p500 driving away from lunch with the blow up doll taped to the rear doors. There were about 4 other drivers left in the parking lot with tears rolling down our faces laughing so hard! Those were the good old days!

brownedout

As others have said get used to that question. I make it a point to tell consignees where the package is from so I don't get the question, yet still get it every day. Usually multiple times. Token response, "If I knew I'd be in trouble."

DS

Fenderbender
Up here,if they ordered it online, it usually says on the label.
Intimate woman's apparel shuts the ladies up fast.

menotyou

bella amicizia
A driver who recently passed away told me this story of a woman who did not ask "What is it?"

We had late air and so we had to shuttle it out. Jerry was done delivering in Sandy Pond, but had a NDA for one of his regulars. He knew this woman and wasn't excited to re-visit. (Luckily, I was sent North to shuttle this particular day, as I was still an air driver) When he got to the residence, he stopped and went into the truck. When he came back out, the woman was waiting. Her package was in see through plastic packaging. It was obvious what it was. He handed it to the customer. This woman hasn't run for anything in years, Jerry surmised. She ran that day. All the way back in her house. Jerry had the image forever burned in his mind. I laugh to this day remembering him tell that story.

porkwagon

A driver who recently passed away told me this story of a woman who did not ask "What is it?"

We had late air and so we had to shuttle it out. Jerry was done delivering in Sandy Pond, but had a NDA for one of his regulars. He knew this woman and wasn't excited to re-visit. (Luckily, I was sent North to shuttle this particular day, as I was still an air driver) When he got to the residence, he stopped and went into the truck. When he came back out, the woman was waiting. Her package was in see through plastic packaging. It was obvious what it was. He handed it to the customer. This woman hasn't run for anything in years, Jerry surmised. She ran that day. All the way back in her house. Jerry had the image forever burned in his mind. I laugh to this day remembering him tell that story.
Funny story but it can't be true. What respectable company uses transparent packaging?

Taco

Compared to "Who's it from?", "What is it?" is an easy question. Heck, half the time I don't even know who it's for! I'm looking at the address, not consignee or sender!

Although my favorite was during last peak; I had a large HP inkjet printer signature required. All six sides of the box had a picture of the printer. The girl asked "What is it?" and my reply was "it looks like a printer".

code5

I reply quit often "Its a Hipopotomous" with a straight face. It usually results in laughter. I know most of my customers really well so they are used to my humour.

Also, when a customer says, "don't want it" - my reply is "didn't want to bring it"

Indecisi0n

Compared to "Who's it from?", "What is it?" is an easy question. Heck, half the time I don't even know who it's for! I'm looking at the address, not consignee or sender!

Although my favorite was during last peak; I had a large HP inkjet printer signature required. All six sides of the box had a picture of the printer. The girl asked "What is it?" and my reply was "it looks like a printer".

Good im not the only one. People sometimes ask "who is it for?" and i don't have a clue. I only know where it's going. lol.