What is Sheeting?

JakeD

I just did my driver helper orientation and have read on here that sheeting helps out a lot while you have down time. but it never says what that actually is?

Our orientation guy was a former driver and seems to usually train drivers because he talked about traffic and driving safety like we were going to drive the thing (i know we don't) it seemed like the time could have been used better to get us more dialed in on the DIAD or other things to help out other than just hustling to doors.

one kid in my "class" about fell asleep.... trainer was not amused. we may not see him again haha

Any other driver helper tips is welcome of course.

texan

Hey JakeD, do not get discouraged.

A lot of threads go off track, but a fine excellent seasoned person Will answer your question.

Welcome to the Brown Cafe.

DS

Fenderbender
Sheeting is what we used to do before the diad, writing the numbers on a sheet of paper.

CaliforniaPaul

Sheeting is a term used by older drivers prior to the diad. Every thing was "sheeted" on paper delivery records. It is now replaced with the term "recording" on the diad.

JakeD

Ok, is Recording.... something that has to be done anymore or is it usually set up for the whole day.

all they showed us today was scan, driver release, signature, leave a note. then wasted a *sheet* ton of time talking about how to drive a truck that we would never drive. I'm sure glad now i know how to pull up to a curb, follow cars properly and make turns correctly from the passenger seat though.

slantnosechevy

I'm still trying to find the Pre-Sheet button.

We had a 2 year wonder gal who used to like to pre-sheet her first 100 boxes off the clock before she left the bldg. They had her run methods driver's routes when they went on vacation so they could harass them when they got back. We got tired of it and snuck down during the PCM and ripped her top sheets up. She'd hide them in the load and leave a blank one in the holder. She cried to mngmt. but what were they going to do? We just wish we could've seen her explode.