What is the best source for starting a retirement account?

Hello guys,

I am in my early twenties and I just started working after finishing school, but I do want to start a retirement account. What source or foundation should I use for a retirement account ?

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated here !!!

Thanks in advance
John Wilson

moreluck

golden ticket member
My sincerest apology ahead of time !!!!

Do they still have "finishing school" ?

I had to get it out because it kept re-playing in my head!! Whew!

rod

Retired 22 years
10 years ago I could have given you some advise but with the way the economy flip flops every other day now I wouldn't know where to begin. I guess -see a reputable financial advisor would be the thing to do. In the mean time stock up on food, guns and ammo because things could still get ugly.

beentheredonethat

Hello guys,

I am in my early twenties and I just started working after finishing school, but I do want to start a retirement account. What source or foundation should I use for a retirement account ?

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated here !!!

Thanks in advance
John Wilson

Set aside money in a 401K. You may want to consider a Roth 401K option. You won't get a tax benefit now, but you will when you retire. I suggest saving what you can even if it's only 1 % of income. Put it in stocks, at your age there is 40+ years before you will be able to retire. Long term the stock market has always outperformed bonds or money markets. It doesn't mean that will continue, but play the odds.
Good Luck