What is the biggest and best lie Teamster's (Steward, BA, Officials) has told you?

curiousbrain

Re: What is the biggest and best lie Teamster's (Steward, BA, Officials) has told you

Management harassment is a thing of the past.

rod

Retired 22 years
Re: What is the biggest and best lie Teamster's (Steward, BA, Officials) has told you

We just want the right to call a strike as a negotiating tool. - Ron

I don't recall ever being told this. We were always lead to believe that if we voted yes (authorizing the Union to strike) the chances were pretty good there was going to be a strike. Why would anyone authorize a strike if they weren't willing to go through with it?

What'dyabringmetoday???

The following is an OPINION- if half of the folks that participate on this forum spent half of the time that they spend here attending union meetings or trying to hold their local officers accountable, they would spend a tenth of the time on this forum whining about the things that they did not get involved with. This is an OPINION.

The following is an OPINION- if half of the folks that participate on this forum spent half of the time that they spend here attending union meetings or trying to hold their local officers accountable, they would spend a tenth of the time on this forum whining about the things that they did not get involved with. This is an OPINION.
It's a good opinion and I value it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

The following is an OBSERVATION:
Most people like to whine.
This is an OBSERVATION.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

hoax, a little off topic but have you ever met the ceo??? Does ups ever have meetings where most of the corporate folks have to attend?

I've met and talked with him several times ... once when he was with tomorrow and several times when he was on the Management Committee (probably CFO). I moved out of the Corporate office in 2002 and stay away from there any way I can.
I have no idea if I have talked with him since he became CEO. He is a friendly guy is about all I can remember about him.
No meetings where Corporate folks have to attend (Thank you Jesus!).
We have to attend a Management Reportback annually but that is usually only with your function/department.