What is the greatest treasure you have found on route?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by rod, Aug 25, 2011.

1. rod

rod retired and happy

Other than dozens of bungee cords and life jackets about the best thing I ever found laying in the road was a brand new 6 foot fiberglass step ladder and a Mikita cordless drill. Other drivers at my old center have found a nice air compressor laying in a ditch on a country road and a brand new wash machine still in the box sitting in the middle of a state highway.
  2. rod

rod retired and happy

Upon further review I realized I have touched on this topic before--------------never mind---------carry on.
  3. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

A one hundred dollar bill in a parking lot.
  4. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

My wife.
  5. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

That is so sweet! Good show, I say!
  6. brownboxman

brownboxman Active Member

7. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

Sweet! You turned it in ,right?:rofl:
  8. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

9. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

I found inner peace by simply using the UPS Methods.
  10. yeldarb

yeldarb Member

alot of cell phones...All been given back to rightful owner though. I did find a power drill once also.
  11. brownboxman

brownboxman Active Member

Thats funny so did I
  12. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I found a bunch of stops Menotyou left in the woods.
  13. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Now, this is the best answer so far!! LOL!!!
  14. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

One time I found a commercial grade popcorn popper, like the kind in movie theaters, laying beside a dumpster. The light even worked and the scoop was inside. It was simply missing one screw that held the pot release handle. I took it home and fixed it; used it for a while and then sold it on ebay for 400 bucks.

Another time I pulled up to a residential stop and the woman was at the street putting more trash in her garbage can. After the small talk, I could see she had a nice quilt she was getting ready to put in so I asked her if she was really going to part with it. Her reply: Yea, my great grandmother made it 80 years ago and I don't want it anymore. I still have it and it is my favorite to use. My mother in law looked at it and mentioned how nice it was because of how close the threads are, or something like that.
  15. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Me too!
  16. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

You found Hoaxs wife on a route too????
  17. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

Now, don't start any trouble!
  18. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

Jerk chicken

Found :censored2: in the wall Jerk hut that serves awesome jerk, drove past it today and the smell was intoxicating.
  19. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Oh,yea, sure my wife. Whatever you say.
  20. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

Re: Jerk chicken

Maybe it was just me but, when I read the words "hole in the wall Jerk hut" I thought you were going in a completely different direction....:sick: