What is the greatest treasure you have found on route?

TSJ

I found someone elses DIAD once, seriously. Sent a message into their center to let them know another driver picked it up. Those crazy 1969 drivers.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Re: Jerk chicken

I found a really nice sledgehammer with a fiberglass handle lying in the middle of the road. I use it all the time with a wedge to split firewood rounds. A decent sledgehammer costs at least $50. I also "found" about 2 cords of good oak firewood from a tree that had blown down on a customers lawn...she was going to pay several hundred dollars to have a tree service cut it up and haul it away, I showed up that weekend with my chainsaw and wound up heating my house for two winters for free. I have also found 3 or 4 missing dogs and delivered them back to their owners.

THETOWN

Work in the city once found a glasine bag filled with a green leafy substance? Also, found a satchel containing $150, no ID, what is one to do?

rod

Retired 22 years
When i first started in 1971 and I would take my, at that time, brand new wife with me on my night time shuttle route---yes I know I could have been fired but I was young and dumb and really in love---- I found Paradise by the dash board lights.
http://youtu.be/VSeDKpCpcpU

menotyou

bella amicizia
Re: Jerk chicken

I found a really nice sledgehammer with a fiberglass handle lying in the middle of the road. I use it all the time with a wedge to split firewood rounds. A decent sledgehammer costs at least $50. I also "found" about 2 cords of good oak firewood from a tree that had blown down on a customers lawn...she was going to pay several hundred dollars to have a tree service cut it up and haul it away, I showed up that weekend with my chainsaw and wound up heating my house for two winters for free. I have also found 3 or 4 missing dogs and delivered them back to their owners.
Two winters on 4 cord? Wow. What I would give for that!! We go through about 10 in a regular winter, but I don't use any other sources.

I delivered a crying kid and his dog once. Put the kid in the jumpseat and dog on the back. I bet both have never forgotten!!

65Goat

When i first started in 1971 and I would take my, at that time, brand new wife with me on my night time shuttle route---yes I know I could have been fired but I was young and dumb and really in love---- I found Paradise by the dash board lights.
http://youtu.be/VSeDKpCpcpU
Classic! One of the best songs of all time. She was a pretty good actor too!

helenofcalifornia

I have found earbuds for Apple products and booties for a wetsuit. Not nearly as exciting as others. (Oh, and I found my DIAD board in the middle of the road when I didn't even know it fell out of the truck. How that happened, I haven't a clue. That was the best find by far! I can't even imagine what would have been said to me when I returned to the building)

brown bomber

brown bomber
numerous wallets....all returned to the rightful owner or left w/ the police dept. 2 diamond rings several cell phones (all returned) cash on many occasions
and a cash bag in the middle of state route.....took it to the Police Dept. 60 days later it was mine...UNCLAIMED

happyboy

I found a few fishings poles, golf clubs, a box of vhs video tapes, a cople dollars here and there oh yeah so far the best thing was a hottie flashed me on the interstate one time that was good!