What is the "ONE" method you will not do ?

dillweed

I had a safety ride with a sup who nailed me for exiting the truck backward. I'd grab the left side of the door with my right hand, swing around and step down so that I kept I firm grip. I tried it his way but it felt awkward and hard on the knee. I did it my way because it was safer. He didn't write it down as a bad move but did nag about it.

currahee

It has to be calling out UPS as walking up to house.Like other posters i only say it if a office when i cant see anyone or putting a pkg in a house.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I do honk the horn and have found it to be very effective, especially at houses w/dogs. I did have one elderly lady who was walking her dog who commented that I had no business honking my horn and that she would call my supervisor. I handed her my cell and told her to scroll down to "UPS" and hit "send". I do not call out "UPS" when I enter a business unless I do not see anyone around; however, I have been on this route long enough to know where employees usually are at a given business and to know their preferences. I think the one method that, while it may not be on the list, should be--"Common Sense." I think that a good dose of common sense goes a long way, such as the post above where the trainee wanted the driver to stop 1 foot away from the dock.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
As a shifter they want us to take out our keys every time we leave the seat. This includes when we go to hook up our air hoses and liqht cord. Funny thing is if we do this at night we wont have any light to see ourselves or whateve we are doing..... I've refussed this stupid rule and ever other employee at my center :happy-very: they havent brought it up since we pointed that out.
i heard that policy started a yr or two ago because a feeder driver was out of his feeder in N.H WENT TO THE REST ROOM LEFT KEY IN IT HALF BACKED ON CAME BACK TO PICK UP PKG FROM GROUND AND ANOTHER FEEDER DRIVER HAD TO GET ON THE OTHER DOOR AND STARTED TO COMPLETE FEEDER DRIVER 1 MOVE THUS PINNING HIM AGAINST DOCK ON PRIMARY!!!! IT WAS HORRIBLE THE DRIVER LIVED {MIRACLE] HE NEVER CAME BACK TO WORK FREAK ACCIDENT TRYING TO HELP HIS FRIEND OUT !!!!!! YOU NEVER KNOW !!!

Using the hand rail makes great sense, IF you can reach it. Being less than six feet tall, some of the hand rails are just to high for me to use. I can and do however use the door opening frame as effectively. I get written up for not using the hand rail on every safety ride.

feeder53

ADKtrails
As a feeder driver. I think that shutting down the tractor and taking the keys and then restart the tractor for every drop & hook takes a lot of time when I shift in the yard for hours, But I do it as they pay me to do it their way.

Fnix

I do. I want my customers to be aware of my presence. If you beep the horn and they know it's you then it gives them time to either gather up their dog or get out to get the package from you.

I DO NOT yell "UPS!"

Do you do the same in apartment complexes where there are 100 people that can hear you and you interrupt the whole place?

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
I didn't know that we were supposed to honk at every stop. I guess this would be the one method that I refuse to do on a daily basis, although I do honk when backing.

outamyway

I had a safety ride with a sup who nailed me for exiting the truck backward. I'd grab the left side of the door with my right hand, swing around and step down so that I kept I firm grip. I tried it his way but it felt awkward and hard on the knee. I did it my way because it was safer. He didn't write it down as a bad move but did nag about it.

It is easier and safer especially with a 2 1/2 foot high step.

tieguy

Banned
Oh, am I not supposed to disagree with you? I'm sorry, I didn't know that was a rule.

Why no sir thats not it at all , you are the self appointed rudeness with rudeness management rustler. You are required to provide rude input but only when its a management poster you are responding to. :happy-very:

Want a cigarette while you think about that one?

rod

Retired 22 years
Do you do the same in apartment complexes where there are 100 people that can hear you and you interrupt the whole place?
I think you are suppose to go back outside and honk your horn for each apt stop. 10 apt stops- 10 trips out for horn honking:happy2: I believe the rules state that you must honk your horn at each stop

brownrodster

I don't sheet every package. I HATE that method....

I have pickups that I don't scan sometimes. (I don't have time to scan 100 packages when I'm 10 minutes late to my next pickup)

And I don't even know what to do with 'ARS' package? I just throw them in the back of the truck and forget about them.