What is the P/T Top Rate?

NY11725

Title says it all,

Just wondering what us PTers top rate is... I know I'm close, but Just want to know when I can expect it to stop going up.

Thanks!

oldngray

nowhere special
red circled people are grandfathered in at a higher rate than you will ever make. I always though split wage rates were a bad idea but UPS got the contracts passed buy adding a bonus to buy the votes of people who were only looking at the short term consequences

Pickles

There is no top rate or progression for PT. You just get the raise every 6 months. We got 30+ year PT's making $30+.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

red circled people are grandfathered in at a higher rate than you will ever make. I always though split wage rates were a bad idea but UPS got the contracts passed buy adding a bonus to buy the votes of people who were only looking at the short term consequences

...and they will do it again in 2013 when they sweeten the pot with a signing bonus in order to get a two-tiered wage for new FT hires approved...

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Guys that have been here before...83? 84? Either way, they started at the same rate as the drivers. Anyone hired after that contract will never see their money. There's no top scale per se. At least not one that I've found.

HubBub

...and they will do it again in 2013 when they sweeten the pot with a signing bonus in order to get a two-tiered wage for new FT hires approved...

Your pension and 401k will be fine without screwing over those of us that have killed ourselves inside, scraping by until it's our turn to get what YOU WERE SO GENEROUSLY GRANTED by those that came before you. But go ahead and keep repeating yourself on this matter, it won't change the fact that IT ISN'T GONNA HAPPEN. Not this time around or any other time as long as the company is making record profits.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
No top rate, two raises a year until you call it quits. But one of the last contracts have people making one raise a year and full benefits after one full year.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ok the way you guys say this there is no top rate for a driver either we just get raises twice a year.

Part timers do have a progression period that I believe tops them out at $12.87. Not sure though. After that u just get the raises like everyone says. If I had to guess the OP is close to ending this progression period.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Ok the way you guys say this there is no top rate for a driver either we just get raises twice a year.

Part timers do have a progression period that I believe tops them out at $12.87. Not sure though. After that u just get the raises like everyone says. If I had to guess the OP is close to ending this progression period.

Part-time progression is awful. It takes four years to top out at $12.87 (not adjusted after the raises like the new 'top rates' for FT employees) rather than the 3 it takes for a newly promoted/hired FT employee to top out anywhere from $25 - $32.00/hr.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

You're right no clue. I'm at 14.14 an hour while a driver I know is making 50 an hour after being here 25 years. Its different every where in the nation. There might be caps on places with low volume year round, even peak. I get a raise twice a year, while people just a year under me get one a year. It was contract issues. Theres chargers here that have almost as much senority as me that get just 190 bucks a week, which I get a ton more then.

rudy5150

I dont think anyone ever got a bonus. how much was this so called bonus you say?

PT Car Washer

Part-time progression is awful. It takes four years to top out at $12.87 (not adjusted after the raises like the new 'top rates' for FT employees) rather than the 3 it takes for a newly promoted/hired FT employee to top out anywhere from $25 - $32.00/hr.
Part time air driver tops out at $24.26 after 24 months. With a raise Feb. 1st. Includes Sat. Air Drivers. Best money you can make.

Leftinbuilding

You're right no clue. I'm at 14.14 an hour while a driver I know is making 50 an hour after being here 25 years. Its different every where in the nation. There might be caps on places with low volume year round, even peak. I get a raise twice a year, while people just a year under me get one a year. It was contract issues. Theres chargers here that have almost as much senority as me that get just 190 bucks a week, which I get a ton more then.

Doubt this.......