What is the stupidest thing that you seen a fellow employee do.. or heard that they did

stray

two feeder drivers hired off the street took loads to a meet point. rather than exchanging with the two other drivers from another hub that they were supposed to meet, they swapped loads with each other and brought back the 2 loads that originated from our hub. so that was their last day working for UPS.
o_O

jeepupser

I have a few. One part time sup smoking in the bathroom when she could have gone outside (she also turned the belt on when she didn't secure it and the full-timer was on the belt). One employee punched the vending machine and broke the glass because his candy got stuck.

AlliSeeisBrown

This happened tonight at the hub. I'm a twilight unloader and a coworker was tossing packages off of a pallet. center manager sees it and walks over and says "do you know what's in those?" The unloader says "catalogs". center manager tells him it's glass and he shouldn't be tossing it. Being smart, the unloader says "no it's just catalogs". center manager asks him how he knows. The dude opens up the package in front of the center manager. I facepalmed and went back to doing what I was doing. Being nosey I asked my sup what happened to him. He didn't know but that he probably got fired on the spot for opening up a package.

Fnix

Hourly putting a PT supe into a choke hold and making him pass out in parking lot.

Knocking over vending machines.

Deficating in the womens bathroom sink.

Stealing I Phones

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I'm confused as to how dying while on duty was a stupidest thing.
it was the stupidest thing because ups management ignored the guy when he called and said he was having the problems. him dying is not the stupidest thing, ups not believing he was having problems was.

Ashell

Anything flies at UPS if your friends with the right people. I have seen people drinking and smoking pot in the parking lot before and after work. Or even drinking during work. Or they can spin the stupidest :censored2: into a mountain if they don't like you, aka see my post history.

rod

Retired 22 years
Anything flies at UPS if your friends with the right people. I have seen people drinking and smoking pot in the parking lot before and after work. Or even drinking during work. Or they can spin the stupidest :censored2: into a mountain if they don't like you, aka see my post history.

On many occasions someone brought a case of beer on ice to work and we would drink in the parking lot it when we got off---especially Fridays. On a few occasions a sup or center manager would join us for one..

Comeand Takeit

smoking without tires at light speed
Driver from KY drove his package car with a flat till the tire fell off and kept driving on the rim to get cigs at c-store and posted the pics on FB. Seen screenshot of the post just last week. Management in training!

I might know a guy that blindly followed the Orion-provided directions up a steep dirt road (maybe it looked like a typical extended route driveway) and got stuck having to do a 30-point turn to get out, then hung the rear bumper up on dirt and rocks, so his OCS sent out a coworker with a POV pickup and a towstrap to get it unstuck only to find a football-sized rock stuck between the duallies that took another 45 min to get loose...

Method Mensch

1) Driver Sup went out to shuttle out some late Airs to driver. Got caught by cops at the meet point ( a school yard) cranking his schmeckle while he was waiting.
2) Another Sup sent out Instagram of himself while he was driving a package car.
3) Local Sort Manager grabbed some guy's ass in the men's room. There was a witness taking a dump in one of the stalls.

Those are just the first 3 that pop into my head.

dezguy

Had a cop talk to me about a fellow employee, speeding around town. Asked me to warn her she was going to get a big ticket soon, if it kept up.

Went to the employee and told her what the cop said. Her response was "I wasn't speeding I was only 10 over the limit."

I just walked away flabbergasted.