What is the stupidest thing that you seen a fellow employee do.. or heard that they did

rod

Retired 22 years
I've got all of you beat. Here there are drivers that go out ever day and run (some literally run) their routes without taking any breaks but enter a full hour lunch in the DIAD.

You must be making that up--nobody would be stupid enough to do that!:-) well maybe about 25% of every center (maybe more)

Overpaid Union Thug

You must be making that up--nobody would be stupid enough to do that!:-) well maybe about 25% of every center (maybe more)
LOL. Oh no never. They are just doing charity work by donating an hour of their time to UPS everyday. LOL.

And based on the red X I received I guess we now know who one of the lunch skippers on the forum is. LOL

rod

Retired 22 years
LOL. Oh no never. They are just doing charity work by donating an hour of their time to UPS everyday. LOL.

And based on the red X I received I guess we now know who one of the lunch skippers on the forum is. LOL

UPS loves the runners and gunners-------until they get in an accident or have a massive claim against them. Then they find out just how much UPS loves them.

Overpaid Union Thug

UPS loves the runners and gunners-------until they get in an accident or have a massive claim against them. Then they find out just how much UPS loves them.
Yep. But until then.... the ones in bonus centers will try and justify their stupidity by claiming they are getting their money back in bonus. Ha! Here bonus is paid at straight time. So it's a pay cut either way. They don't stop to think that eventually the routes will plan the way they are running them.

nystripe96

We had a driver that just made book & had a lot of air one morning. Wasn't going to make them on time so he scanned and signed for them miles away from the route. Was fired, but luckily got his job back. Here's the real kicker.....The driver did the same thing again a few months later. Rest assured I haven't seen him since

Ms.PacMan

These are the dumbest and most senseless I can recall.

Long time preloader fired after he was caught vandalizing the soda machine.

Mgr. fired for taking bribes to qualify new drivers.

Indecisi0n

I have an off route misload, go to deliver it, and pass by another driver. There's a woman in uniform with him. Getting time studied, haha!
Next day I'm swamped with air, they send him to help me. I'm in an office building and see him drive in the parking lot. The time study person is with him again.
I walk out to the truck, he's there, no woman in sight. Obviously, she's in the back, but I say nothing.
The more I think on this, the weirder I think it is. That night I ask my sup "Who was riding Joe today?". Looks at me funny, and says "No-one...why?"
So I told him the story (yes, ratted him out). Turns out he was taking his girlfriend out (in a spare uniform) delivering with him every day.
If this is true, I never understood why drivers are so concerned about what is going on with other drivers.

Indecisi0n

Why rat out the other driver. If this was an every day occurrence he would get caught sooner or later on his own.
I see it on a daily basis. A center manager gets a stick up his ass and busts a guy for having the wrong shoes and the driver starts saying "well so and so has the same shoes etc". How the hell does making another drivers :censored2:ty help you? It doesn't. Now both of you two are going to be having a :censored2:tt day.

over9five

Staff member
If this is true, I never understood why drivers are so concerned about what is going on with other drivers.

Why rat out the other driver. If this was an every day occurrence he would get caught sooner or later on his own.
My thinking was if the girl had fallen out of the package car and got killed, I would share responsibility if I hadn't reported it. Sheesh, a life is more important than that "protect your brother" BS.

Overpaid Union Thug

I see it on a daily basis. A center manager gets a stick up his ass and busts a guy for having the wrong shoes and the driver starts saying "well so and so has the same shoes etc". How the hell does making another drivers :censored2:ty help you? It doesn't. Now both of you two are going to be having a :censored2:tt day.

Punishing one but not the other is a contract violation. Plus, if there's enough people involved..... particularity if one out more of them are management favorites...... they will back off. I've seen it happen.

My thinking was if the girl had fallen out of the package car and got killed, I would share responsibility if I hadn't reported it. Sheesh, a life is more important than that "protect your brother" BS.

Yep! Plus, it's likely I've been screwed over by my so called union "brother" at least a few times. There are plenty of guys that screw someone over on a daily basis. That doesn't sound very brotherly to me.

rod

Retired 22 years

Were you the one in school who would remind the teacher she hadn't given out the homework assignment yet?:-)

dudebro

Punishing one but not the other is a contract violation. Plus, if there's enough people involved..... particularity if one out more of them are management favorites...... they will back off. I've seen it happen.

Yep! Plus, it's likely I've been screwed over by my so called union "brother" at least a few times. There are plenty of guys that screw someone over on a daily basis. That doesn't sound very brotherly to me.

Or, you simply say, "You know you're right? Hey, Joe! Come here! I was going to discipline Harry here for his footwear and Harry pointed out that you're in violation too! Now both of you, let's go see the steward...."

I think that's fairness under the contract...

What'dyabringmetoday???

Or, you simply say, "You know you're right? Hey, Joe! Come here! I was going to discipline Harry here for his footwear and Harry pointed out that you're in violation too! Now both of you, let's go see the steward...."

I think that's fairness under the contract...
The real question would be which one is paid under, right dude?