What is the UPS policy on earrings?

diesel96

If you wear earrings, you must wear a fanny pack,{manpurse] or wear a cute little diad pouch !!As far as Broke Back Mountain,the guy who wrote that will get his when he gets to heaven & John [a real man without earrings] Wayne kicks his arse ! Then Steve McQueen & Lee Marvin can have whats left of him !!!! :funny::funny::funny::funny:

You mean John [ chickenhawk ] Wayne kicks his arse in a fake fight with his stunt double up in Heaven. I'm sorry, I just can't get myself to equate "real men" as actors up on the silver screen. (although I'll give McQueen his props, he did his own stunts in "The Great Escape".)

In reality when you "judge" another, you are defining your standards of what you do or do not accept as acceptable.
I know you probably meant that as way to make people rethink what they are saying, but I think most of them are OK with defining themselves as anti-gay.JMHO
Right On!!

True, but besides their homophobia of declaring themselves as anti-gay, at the same time they are insinuating and judging men wearing earrings as gay. Men they don't even know, behind the protection of their keyboard and anonymity, is, in a way, un-manley. To some, this is embedded into their way of thinking from their social up bringing as if they are referencing some sort of unauthored "Man Law" book.

I know men with earrings, and I'm not suggesting all of them are gay.

But I think it's.....unmanly...... for a MAN to go shopping for an earring to make himself look pretty, for a MAN to sit down and have his ear peirced.

I also think it's unmanly for a MAN to go out and buy hair dye, and actually dye his hair! Most end up looking like old fools with dark hair, trying to relive their long past youth.

What else? Hmmm... Pretty smelling after-shave is unmanly. A MAN doesn't try to smell pretty.

OK, I'm done. Flame away.

Ok 9.5....If your plane crash in a remote village in Africa, and the men ran around with a big "Cher" like o-rings in their ear lobes, bone peircings on their nose and nipples, and a cone shape horn attached to their tally wacker by a thong-like strap, I could see you now...:faint:....Culture shock

evilleace

I am fine with making myself appear as anti-gau because that is what I am I also agree with Scratch UPS drivers should have no earrings it is not professional looking.

You mean John [ chickenhawk ] Wayne kicks his arse in a fake fight with his stunt double up in Heaven. I'm sorry, I just can't get myself to equate "real men" as actors up on the silver screen. (although I'll give McQueen his props, he did his own stunts in "The Great Escape".)

Never watched any of John Wayne's early movies huh? He probably did more stunts than McQueen did in his whole carer, before McQueen was born.
I'm not sure what you mean by "chickenhawk".

True, but besides their homophobia of declaring themselves as anti-gay, at the same time they are insinuating and judging men wearing earrings as gay. Men they don't even know, behind the protection of their keyboard and anonymity, is, in a way, un-manley. To some, this is embedded into their way of thinking from their social up bringing as if they are referencing some sort of unauthored "Man Law" book.

I assure you everyone that is anti-gay is not homophobic.

You haven't seen the "Book"?

Ok 9.5....If your plane crash in a remote village in Africa, and the men ran around with a big "Cher" like o-rings in their ear lobes, bone peircings on their nose and nipples, and a cone shape horn attached to their tally wacker by a thong-like strap, I could see you now...:faint:....Culture shock

I probably wouldn't react much different than your smiley, but it wouldn't have much to do with the ornaments

rod

Retired 22 years
John Wayne wasn't all he was cracked up to be. He actually went out of his way to avoid being drafted. While a lot of the male actors of that time volunteered for service Wayne wasn't one of them. It has been argued that the only reason he became a star was that all the other actors were off doing their duty to their country and he was one of the few left hanging around Hollywood. P.S. He also hated horses and western wear.:sad-little:. What do you think about that--pilgrim?:peaceful:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I know men with earrings, and I'm not suggesting all of them are gay.

But I think it's.....unmanly...... for a MAN to go shopping for an earring to make himself look pretty, for a MAN to sit down and have his ear peirced.

I also think it's unmanly for a MAN to go out and buy hair dye, and actually dye his hair! Most end up looking like old fools with dark hair, trying to relive their long past youth.

What else? Hmmm... Pretty smelling after-shave is unmanly. A MAN doesn't try to smell pretty.

OK, I'm done. Flame away.

Next thing I know, you'll be dissing my cross-dressing outfits!

We missed you 095!

John Wayne wasn't all he was cracked up to be. He actually went out of his way to avoid being drafted. While a lot of the male actors of that time volunteered for service Wayne wasn't one of them. It has been argued that the only reason he became a star was that all the other actors were off doing their duty to their country and he was one of the few left hanging around Hollywood. P.S. He also hated horses and western wear.:sad-little:. What do you think about that--pilgrim?:peaceful:
What do I think? I have heard the detractions of John Wayne, do I believe them all? No, but I don't believe he was the finest man ever either. Just about any time someone gets the acclaim that he has received there will be someone that wants to take it apart. I didn't know them man personally, I really doubt anyone on this forum did either. So all we have to by is what we have either seen in "documentaries", or read in so called "tell all" books. And I think we all know how credable those two venues are.
I do know (well have heard) that in the early days of the talkies, all the actors did their own stunts. There were no "stunt men" to do it for them. I also know that, IMO, Wayne was a very fine actor, especially in westerns.

Sorry, you asked.

scoobypanda

and his real name was marion

babbsD

the policy for earings is men are allowed one post in each ear, women two. i've been in HR for ten years, and this is what I have in my appearance guidelines.

Hangingon

Out of curiosity is there anywhere we can see the guidelines? We have a few drivers who have been told to remove their stud earrings or be fired in our center.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Only if they can implant a magnet in my wife.:surprised:

:rofl:

UPS policy in my neck of the woods is one earring, gold or silver stud.

I wear one, I have had it for over 20 years. When I first got it the girl I was dating at the time just had her ears pierced too and her uncle was cracking up as we were both twirling our earring(s) as your instructed to do when you first get them.

As for the umanly insinuations, I have been into rock and roll and motorcycles all of my life and tattoos and earrings and things of that nature kind of go hand and hand with those interests. Yes, I have a couple of tattoos also. My wife thinks it's cool and so do my kids. But...

I might not have the earring and tattoos now if I could go back in time. When I think of my kids getting them it makes me cringe. One of the unfortunate aspects of life is you cannot expect your kids not to do something if your doing it. And my kids don't need to adorn their bodies with anything to be perfect.

Oh, I just remembered, pirates had earrings. They seemed manly and tough. But then again, they were out on the seven seas for months at a time with nary a women in sight so I'll shut up now :slap:.
:rofl: