What is the worst stop on your route?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am there first thing in the morning----there is still no way they would let me walk through the store with 1, 2 or a cart full of pkgs.

2 trips to the Vision Center? Really?

oldngray

nowhere special
Funeral Home. We deliver to the back and customers are under sheets. At first it used to really bother me, but after years of going there, not so much now.

That sucks if you are delivering when they bring in a body. Or if there is a funeral service ending creating traffic jam.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I also deliver to a funeral home but I don't go anywhere near the back. Everything is delivered to a side porch. I take care of them and they take care of me at Christmas.

ManInBrown

I made a delivery recently to a funeral home I had never been to. Walked in the front and hung a right and walked right in on a corpse. Taken aback is an understatement. Ruined my entire day

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Funeral Home. We deliver to the back and customers are under sheets. At first it used to really bother me, but after years of going there, not so much now.
I have a similar situation at a veterinary clinic. The service entrance is in the back, and a lot of times there will be a pallet with a bunch of dead dogs and cats stacked up on it waiting to be picked up by the local crematorium. Usually they are covered with a tarp, but you can still see paws sticking out. The other tough part about delivering there is when a customer brings in a really big dog that needs to be euthanized, if the dog is in a lot of pain they wont put it thru the process of being unloaded and brought inside, instead they will park by the service entrance and the vet will come out and put the dog down while it is lying in the back of the customers truck or SUV. There have been a couple of times where I had to handtruck 10 or 15 boxes of dog food in through the back door while being parked right next to a crying customer who was having their dog euthanized literally right in front of me. On one occasion it was even a customer who lived on my route and whose dog I had given biscuits to many times while delivering to them. That was a rough way to start my work day.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Had a delivery to Sam's Club. First stop of the day(9:20am). Receiving Manager starts to raise hell wanting to know why I can't get here before 8:30am. It seems that I am screwing up his receiving. I told him with a smile on my that I do not start work until 9:00am. He turned and walked away without another word.
I would have been there at 1pm the next day.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I am there first thing in the morning----there is still no way they would let me walk through the store with 1, 2 or a cart full of pkgs.

2 trips to the Vision Center? Really?
Yeah, you don't get those big stupid boxes with the blue tape? Most days only 2 of those, but once a month they get 8-10. Is your store one of the ridiculously big ones with the grocery store inside?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I have to deliver to the County Courthouse and its a giant pain. The police that work there want everything Xrayed,and when the package is too big to fit thru the Xray machine it really makes their day as they want to open the packages,and I am adamant they will NOT open the packages until they are signed for.
After sending three or four back as refused because if they couldnt open it they couldn't let it thru security The Magistrate Judge met me at the X Ray Machine very mad over this and got even madder when i told him I didnt care who he was ,the packages were NOT to be opened until i had obtained a signature,and further more once I obtained a signature i was GONE
good times!!

32F driver

My first ground stop of the day is to an animal clinic. More often than I care to see, the truck is there to pick up the bodies. The driver brings the remains out in a black plastic bag & swings it into the back of his truck, like it's a sac of potatoes. No respect.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Where people are smoking, generally on super hot day over 100°, and the clouds of their exhaust fill up the truck as I try to unload without inhaling. I have a hospital that has their smoking area next to the loading dock. Brilliant.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah, you don't get those big stupid boxes with the blue tape? Most days only 2 of those, but once a month they get 8-10. Is your store one of the ridiculously big ones with the grocery store inside?

Yes, it is a super store and I do get the blue tape boxes, but the most I have ever had for them in one day is 5-6.

bigblu 2 you

military boarding/training school.parking lot 200 yards away,all doors secured.steps everywhere,one person in charge of front door(16 steps the thru double doors to security area)paper and supplies at beginning and end of each month.

BrownTexas

I'm sure he means 1 or 2 packages. Thus it's no big deal.

friend••k walmart. I used to be able to hit the dock first and get all my vision ground and air before 1030. Now they are so unreliable I can kill 20 minutes waiting on the docks.
Yeah they have no problem here in the 2 stores I've serviced. Granted it's rare I've had to do it for receiving. Also once in a while vision center is heavy and I've have to handtruck one to two trips inside for them.

Once I had come back 3 times to a line of trucks (rare here) and said screw it and handtrucked 32 pieces across the store in 2 trips to receiving and not a :censored2: was given. Granted they liked me because I delivered them before running air to free up room in the truck.

I have shown up to walmarts before, knocked, scanned packages, knocked again and left if they haven't shown up in a timely matter. They aren't special. They are like every other account. If they can't get there it is NI1/CLO1. Try again the next day.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
more than anything my question was if your center team would buy your story. I would certainly hope so. Breaking into one would certainly not make the right impression.