What is the worst stop on your route?

HomeDelivery

soberups said:
... Then, having manhandled 2 or 3 tons of wine onto the back, I will spend the rest of the day delivering in a mountainous rural area and smelling my brakes overheat every time I go down a steep hill.

don't you downshift your auto-trans stepvan to 2 or 1 while going down that steep hill? "using engine braking?"

Foamer Pyle

Mine is Weight Watchers. They have no rear door access, and everything has to be carted through the front door. Of course, every time I am there, they are having one of their meetings, and all of those boxes have to be carted right through 25 porkers to the back room. They get anywhere from 40 to 80 cases of fat food, it's loads of fun.

Sent using BrownCafe App

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
You could move faster
Nah...Federal building suck. They don't fast track you through, you have to wait in the same line as everyone else. There's no faster in those buildings, it's hurry up and wait. And that's for each trip. Our federal building every winter gets new equipment to keep their budget money up and it's a four or five triper. The allowance sucks particularly hard for that building.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Mine is Weight Watchers. They have no rear door access, and everything has to be carted through the front door. Of course, every time I am there, they are having one of their meetings, and all of those boxes have to be carted right through 25 porkers to the back room. They get anywhere from 40 to 80 cases of fat food, it's loads of fun.

Sent using BrownCafe App
There are a lot of people for whom obesity is a chronic and debilitating medical condition, and referring to them as "porkers" is pretty rude. If they were cancer survivors, would you call them "skinnies" or "baldies"? I sure hope not.

Foamer Pyle

There are a lot of people for whom obesity is a chronic and debilitating medical condition, and referring to them as "porkers" is pretty rude. If they were cancer survivors, would you call them "skinnies" or "baldies"? I sure hope not.
I would venture to say that the vast majority of over weight people in this country are overweight because of lifestyle choice. That means eating too much crap, and not being active enough. You won't get me to buy into the Liberal garbage that obesity is a medical condition. Sorry if that offends you, but I call it as I see it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

32F driver

Quote 'Not all walmarts suck' Yes, they do. And so does K Mart. Ring the buzzer on the receiving door. Wait too long for somebody to open it, unload their crap, then wait again for a mgr to drag his/her sorry ass back to sign. 1st stop of the day, before airs are del.

Whargoul

Screw walmart and sams club. They make me stack all their :censored2: on pallets myself. Their employees will not sign for anything and the management takes forever. I drop the goods, read the first employee name tag I see and DR the stop. That's only if the receiving guy is gone because he's really cool guy and knows I don't have time for BS.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Screw walmart and sams club. They make me stack all their :censored2: on pallets myself. Their employees will not sign for anything and the management takes forever. I drop the goods, read the first employee name tag I see and DR the stop. That's only if the receiving guy is gone because he's really cool guy and knows I don't have time for BS.
Playing with fire.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Of course not but you had said that you make 2 trips---I have never made 2 trips in to the vision center. The hair salon? That's a different story---I have had as many as 30 for them.
Nah, read it again
Once I had come back 3 times to a line of trucks (rare here) and said screw it and handtrucked 32 pieces across the store in 2 trips to receiving and not a :censored2: was given.
I've never had to make 2 trips with a handtruck to the vision center. The two trips with the handtruck as you can see was when I had made multiple attempts to the dock and finally handtrucked 32 pieces to receiving in 2 handtruck trips across the store.

For the vision center I said I usually only get a couple for them but once a month I would get a bunch and need to use a handtruck and they never had a problem with that either.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Playing with fire.
Agreed, don't release a business unless you can legitimately do it as an SDN. You especially don't want to release national accounts like Walmart because there ARE guys who sit in a cubicle and do nothing other than put in claims for released businesses. We've had guys fired for this and was only able to get one back from term.