What is your average daily route stats?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
155-180 stops
300-350 pkgs could be as high as 500.
16 pickups 75-150 pkgs and 60-70 miles off the clock by 1800 on a good day.
Youll get wise eventually and get off that back breaking route eventually. They can keep that bulk, that breaks you down even faster physically.

Romeofud

S

Sorry, but you have been misinformed. I did not add that I also have 12 pick ups, one that is a UPS store. Miles were low that day.

Okay, can you give me an example of how many miles the average delivery driver accrues? I was told 50 tops, averaging around 35 or so, at least in Brooklyn where they just hired 10 drivers last month. I'm referring to pc trucks only not road and city drivers because I know pc drivers don't leave their locality by entering into another borough because wouldn't the borough over have their own drivers to cover routes and pickups?

jim_flint

Okay, can you give me an example of how many miles the average delivery driver accrues? I was told 50 tops, averaging around 35 or so, at least in Brooklyn where they just hired 10 drivers last month. I'm referring to pc trucks only not road and city drivers because I know pc drivers don't leave their locality by entering into another borough because wouldn't the borough over have their own drivers to cover routes and pickups?
In Brooklyn you're not going to see huge mileage routes, but you'll pay in other ways, like the damn hour in traffic it can be to get from foster av alllllll the way to sunset park in 100 degrees in the shade in stopped traffic, or when you're peaceably delivering your last stop in midwood and have some rabbi in a station wagon show up on your back bumper with 200pcs he wants you to take in under special counts...

Romeofud

In Brooklyn you're not going to see huge mileage routes, but you'll pay in other ways, like the damn hour in traffic it can be to get from foster av alllllll the way to sunset park in 100 degrees in the shade in stopped traffic, or when you're peaceably delivering your last stop in midwood and have some rabbi in a station wagon show up on your back bumper with 200pcs he wants you to take in under special counts...

You make it sound like the job is so awful lol. I spoke to one of the drivers from the Foster Ave location and he says he averages about 40 miles a day and does between 8-10 pickups, takes a half hour lunch, puts in about a 9.5 work day. He's been on the route over 15 years and loves his jobs. He says it was only rough the first year but became easier after developing a system. I can definitely take his word for it since he's been doing it a while. Are you from the same hub? How long have you been doing pc delivery? Do you enjoy it?

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
I drive 25 minutes before my first stop. Depending on the bus/res I have, depends on the day I have. More bus ( 10 to 14 stops per hour), verse res ( 15 to 25 stops an hour).

mdnj88

Youll get wise eventually and get off that back breaking route eventually. They can keep that bulk, that breaks you down even faster physically.

It's really not that bad. This week I averaged 370 delivered pkgs. Over 400 is rare but could happen. It's like 15 dock stops that gets rid of a ton, and a few doctors and lawyers offices then basically 100 stops of a paper route retail. Pickups are a joke except for my final that is heavy. It sucks real bad like once or twice a week.

BrownConundrum

I feel lazy now that I see what everyone else is doing

95-110 stops (10 business) (automatic low step 700)
180-220 pieces
80-95 miles
6 pick ups (last one is at 1700)

jim_flint

You make it sound like the job is so awful lol.

I didn't mean to sound so negative. I just meant that trying to compare anything in Brooklyn to one of these 200 mile routes is going to be apples and oranges. All you need to remember is safety first, and don't panic.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I feel lazy now that I see what everyone else is doing

95-110 stops (10 business) (automatic low step 700)
180-220 pieces
80-95 miles
6 pick ups (last one is at 1700)
Don't feel lazy, that's sweet if you have a gravy train route. You don't get anything extra for playing macho man on this job, except for injuries. The name of the game here is too do the least amount of work as possible. Remember this job is a marathon and your not going to win the race in 1 day.

Future

Victory Ride
135-145 stops, 370-500 pieces deliv, 15 pu stops, 100-200 pu pieces, 60-65 miles, about 75 must have signatures(buisness stops and high risk dr area)

didyousheetit

270 to 350 pkgs 145 to 170 stops. 15 pickups 80 to 110 pieces. 75 to 90 miles. Biggest benefit is non national franchised strip malls. Upper middle class res. Lots of Macy and Nordstrom

Sent using BrownCafe App

gman042

Been around the block a few times
The route this week?

155 stops/240 pieces
170 miles
6 pickups/20 pieces
13+ hr plan
driver sort and load

Nazzrath

105 stops / 170 pieces
61 miles
8 pickups / 40 pieces
9 hours + 1hr lunch
My commute is 50 mins each way so it ends up being a long day.