Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Presbyterian

• Agnostic

• Total voters

Integrity

Binge Poster
Can a moderator please shut this thread down for me?? This thread is going nowhere and it just doesn't belong here in this forum. I don't come here for this and I don't wantto know these things about other posters. It's irrelevant and unnecessary here.
anonymous,

This thread is in the Life After Brown Sub-Forum.

The Sub-Forum is for discussions about life outside of UPS.

I'm not sure why you are so against this type of discussion but I do think it is important in life to discuss matters of faith.

I am sorry that this discussion has offended you.

Please forgive me.

Sincerely,
I

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Back on topic:

I can't seem to answer this poll. While I am not a believer in the supernatural, I also don't consider myself an Atheist.
I think that is because I really don't want to belong to a group when I don't even care about the subject.
For that same reason, I can't pick "other".

"None of the above" might have worked...

I find it funny that they have to put a label on the ones that don't believe in anything lol.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I find it funny that they have to put a label on the ones that don't believe in anything lol.
It is odd when you think about it, it's not like there is a special name for people who don't believe in Santa Claus or unicorns.
I'll take atheist over heretic though, at least nobody's burning us at the stake anymore.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

It is odd when you think about it, it's not like there is a special name for people who don't believe in Santa Claus or unicorns.

I reserve atheist for people who believe in "nothing" and think they have to tell everyone about it and try to belittle people who do believe in a deity.

People who don't have opinions about deities and what other people believe in are fine people and probably not thought of as dipsticks.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I reserve atheist for people who believe in "nothing" and think they have to tell everyone about it and try to belittle people who do believe in a deity.

People who don't have opinions about deities and what other people believe in are fine people and probably not thought of as dipsticks.
I've never met anyone who didn't have opinions about that stuff. Opinions honestly don't bother me unless and until someone thinks their personal opinions about such matters should carry the force of law.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I was surprised that nobody claimed to be Baptist, they are dominant around here. I'm a not-so-great at practicing Methodist, we weren't an option in this poll along with people of the Jewish and Later Day Saints faiths. Participation in this thread is like any other, you only have to comment if you want to.

bbsam

Staff member
I am Lutheran. Here's what I find interesting though. Where do my actions counter the tenets of what the Lutheran Church teach? I wonder if that is not a better way to determine one's faith by examining one's actions. The list is just names we call ourselves. What do we do and does what we do honor that which we say we believe?

S

serenity now

no one received a snake bite at church today, so all in all, a pretty good service
'course i think it's because the weather has turned cool making the rattlers listless

by the way - put me down as other