what is your favorite sexual innuendo to use while working??

UnconTROLLed

perfection
As long as it's he-said she-said, it's fine.

If a woman flirts with me, I will flirt back. If she fires off innuendos, I'll probably do the same. However, if it's in a public place or office where people are watching the exchange, I'll just smile coy and move on. That's where you can get into trouble.

over9five

Staff member
I heard of this happening just the other day. I think its a sad testament to what the workplace has become, that one insecure prudish person, can make the whole area uncomfortable. If and when I hear something offensive, I go the other way. And that has not happened yet. If you dont "feel safe" at work because a few people are joking around, in a way you may not approve of, You have bigger problems than "a little raunch" in the workplace. And you have a severe need to control and have power.

I agree. And yet I also believe that UPS (or any work place) should not and will not be placed in a position where such it is percieved that such things are "ok".

+1 to both!

This can and sometimes does turn into a problem, as others have said. I seem to have a gift to come up with something to say in most situations such as this, My problem isI sometimes lack the ability to NOT say them. Never got myself in trouble with the company.....lucky I guess.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
"Its a really big load today, you want me to come in the front or the rear?" This is exactly the kind of joking around that would get you fired!! Not being a prude,but I've been here long enough to see how some customers can turn like a dog on you and Atlanta would not be laughing,,,think it , smile and WALK AWAY !!

raceanoncr

All these innuendos, puns, jokes, etc. are all pretty good and pretty funny and pretty overused. Quite a few posters/repliers to this thread have also stated that it may not be a good idea to practice this. I have to agree with them.

In todays world, UPS or not, whether you agree with it or not, whether your talking partner agrees with it or not, it's never a good idea to put yourself in harms way. We have already witnessed in many bizarre instances where lawyers will get involved in, what seems to be, a minor issue that turns out to be a multi-million dollar win. The McDonald's coffee case comes to mind. How important is this job to you? I'm not preaching here but, really, how important is this job to you? To your family? Do you REALLY want to push the envelope? How long can you keep doing this, just to be funny? A case here comes to mind. Circumstances are different but the attitude or mood or result could be the same.

It was at UPS. In the break room. A lot of years ago, by the way, before there WAS so much litagation. As a feeder driver, one time I had a local pickup job where I would take my break at the building, in the feeder break room. The house mail room was within spittin distance to the room. A cute little girl p/t girl had the job of sorting and delivering house mail. During slow times, she would visit w/all the drivers that were in there, me included. She would tell all of the drivers about her "escapades" out of work. Of course, everyone just lapped that up (again, no innuendo or pun intended). She sat down at my table on evening and proceeded to tell me about two boys she was "tapping" at the same. I just listened. She was comparing the "size" on one to the "size" of the other. She was in a quandry as to which one she liked better. I just listened. She was getting and did get on many occasions quite graphic. I never participated. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to, either verbally or physically, if you know what I mean. I, for once in my life, did the right thing.

In time, I bid on a different job that took me out of that situation. BUT, one time, there was somebody or a few somebodys that she didn't like that were in the break room. And, for once, nobody was talking to her. They were talking amongst themselves. THEY were getting quite graphic and using words we all have used to describe their antics that weekend, BUT the conversation was supposed to be between just the two of them. She walked past and heard them.

Fast-forward. They just about lost their jobs. She turned on them like an asp. It was a real struggle to keep them with the company. They, eventually, were ordered to stay out of break room. The mail room was moved. What a hassle. What a scare for the drivers. From that day forward, she was like fire. You didn't even go near her. Sure, you say, she might have had a vendetta out for em? Maybe, the point is, NOBODY saw this coming. SHE had the dirtiest, most vial mouth you'd ever heard and we all thought that was funny. But people can turn, believe me, they can turn.

As was said in a few of these posts here, be careful! Somebody may have an off day. Maybe don't feel good. Maybe fought with the boss. Maybe had their personal package lost or damaged by UPS. A myriad excuses, but people can turn.

To me, it was never worth it. I WANTED to join in, but didn't for that very fear. I've seen it all too often.

Be careful, people. This is a different world than when you were growing up. And it's changing everyday.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Thats a great story Race,that was my point as well as some others that have been around !! You just don't know when some one will turn.You did the right thing and kept your mouth shut !!

Your story ,Race, reminds me of the story about one of our workers in the San Diego area who left a path of destroyed, broken boy toys in her wake. What she did to cement truck drivers alone still brings nightmares.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Your story ,Race, reminds me of the story about one of our workers in the San Diego area who left a path of destroyed, broken boy toys in her wake. What she did to cement truck drivers alone still brings nightmares.

So you're saying it's true? Wow!! All of this time I thought it was just one of those wild urban legends.

Yes,Dizz,horrifyingly yes. there were also reports of similar attacks on men in the Phoenix and Greater Milwaukee areas also. It`s hard to get accurate descriptions of the attackers as the victims are in a semi-permanent fetal position,sucking their thumbs and sobbing.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I think as a professional driver, this is not a good game to play. You could say something to someone you always play with, and they could be having a bad day, or it could be overheard by someone else.

Believe me, any of you that know me KNOW I'm thinking this stuff when I'm talking to that hot blondie.... But I'm not saying it.

I know, I'm a downer....but you're messing with your livelihood.

dear god baby jesus,, this is the one time i agree with you......hell is frozen......

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Paged right to the last Post....
Not a good idea, even if you have a relationship with the customer.

Hard to resist...True........But Mama or Papa are at home expectinging you to come home "clean"

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Yes,Dizz,horrifyingly yes. there were also reports of similar attacks on men in the Phoenix and Greater Milwaukee areas also. It`s hard to get accurate descriptions of the attackers as the victims are in a semi-permanent fetal position,sucking their thumbs and sobbing.

Greater Milwaukee? I've seen some feeder drivers from there. Just shells of their former selves.

fethrs

Really cach? Do tell that story, I'd love to hear it!

Some of the guys I work with like to make jokes and say things that they think are just hilarious, most of the time I brush it off, but after a while it gets old, and I find myself more annoyed than offended.
The other day one of my male co-workers was trying to tease me about something and got ripped by the sup that was there. I didn't have to say anything, the sup said it all.
You just never know how different folks will react, it's something to be aware of, at the very least

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I know it has to be avoided. I just think it is sad, thats all. I hate when I go in somewhere and people freeze because they were chatting and I walk in, and ruin it. I was bothered once by a sup, and it didnt scare me it didnt make me uncomfortable, someone else saw or heard what he did, and he got fired. And I didnt do it. I knew he was harmless, and he got fired. For what I thought was NOTHING.

bbsam

Staff member
Right. Even if it's "nothing", UPS can't have a trail of "nothings" to be pointed at when "something" comes up and lands them in court. A track record like that can cost millions.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Right. Even if it's "nothing", UPS can't have a trail of "nothings" to be pointed at when "something" comes up and lands them in court. A track record like that can cost millions.
yeah, he did it to someone else, and thats what ended him. But I still think UPS is a mans world, and if you are not strong enough to handle the pressure, you dont belong there, just like a woman who goes into construction or mechanics or bricklaying. Dont invade and try to take over. Now if you feel threatened, then yes I guess that would be different, like if you are being stalked or cornered. But conversation, No.

abc123

yeah, he did it to someone else, and thats what ended him. But I still think UPS is a mans world, and if you are not strong enough to handle the pressure, you dont belong there, just like a woman who goes into construction or mechanics or bricklaying. Dont invade and try to take over. Now if you feel threatened, then yes I guess that would be different, like if you are being stalked or cornered. But conversation, No.

I agree, I would rather just be treated the same as everyone else. I hate it when someone says something "dirty" and then turns to me and says "oh, sorry!" If I minded hearing stuff like that, I wouldn't work at UPS.

Edit: I just want to point out that telling dirty jokes and "hitting on" someone are not the same thing. If I was constantly being hit on, I would not appreciate it. I've been asked out by a few people and always said no but if they kept pursuing me, there would be a problem.

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I agree, I would rather just be treated the same as everyone else. I hate it when someone says something "dirty" and then turns to me and says "oh, sorry!" If I minded hearing stuff like that, I wouldn't work at UPS.

Edit: I just want to point out that telling dirty jokes and "hitting on" someone are not the same thing. If I was constantly being hit on, I would not appreciate it. I've been asked out by a few people and always said no but if they kept pursuing me, there would be a problem.
Yeah what they said!