what is your favorite sexual innuendo to use while working??

paidover95

Thanks everyone for all the great comments.Just to let you know ,I married one of the women i joked with off my route!!2 kids and 15 years later ,ALL IS WELL!! Ps I am not worried in the least bit about losing my job,or the family. :-)

raceanoncr

Ps I am not worried in the least bit about losing my job,or the family. :-)

Well, that's just fine!

PS. I'm sure all those other posters on here that lost their jobs for one reason or another (this thread may have been one of those reasons) and are now crying for our support, once said the same thing.

Good luck. Carry on.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Well, that's just fine!

PS. I'm sure all those other posters on here that lost their jobs for one reason or another (this thread may have been one of those reasons) and are now crying for our support, once said the same thing.

Good luck. Carry on.

It's pretty hard to lose your job with this company. You have to really try. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I agree, I would rather just be treated the same as everyone else. I hate it when someone says something "dirty" and then turns to me and says "oh, sorry!" If I minded hearing stuff like that, I wouldn't work at UPS.

Edit: I just want to point out that telling dirty jokes and "hitting on" someone are not the same thing. If I was constantly being hit on, I would not appreciate it. I've been asked out by a few people and always said no but]if they kept pursuing me, there would be a problem.

"So, uhhhh.....I don't want to be too forward with you; but do you realize that you have the brighest smile I've seen all day? You caught my eye and I just want to know who you are. It's been a rough day for me".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well, that's just fine!

Good luck. Carry on.[/QUOTE

It's pretty hard to lose your job with this company. You have to really try. JMO

Sexual harassment is one sure way to lose your job.

dillweed

We're having some serious issues in our building amongst pt employees. Seems the sexual and racial ignorance is running rampant. I'm trying to stay out of the whole mess but have had a good, hard talk with a young, attractive co-worker who has all the guys hitting on her. She doesn't understand her right to draw a line; HER line as to what is acceptable and what is not. Everyone has a line and it's their own to choose. What offends me may not offend you and the only way to make our lines clear is to gently tell the offender that they are offending and we feel uncomfortable with what they are saying.

Many of our young guys are testosterone ravanged young beasts. It's not fair to them to allow things to get out of control. They are also learning about lines, what is acceptable and what is not. They're learning about subtle cues as to interest or non-interest.

The racial slurs are another thing. I had a young guy make a comment about a certain race (not mine) the other day that sent chills down my spine. The kid wasn't even born yet when this type of talk was accepted. I got him off subject in a hurry and am now aware of how ignorant he is. He's one to be aware and cautious of, that's for sure.

Seems the best way to handle some of these things is to just let others know when they are crossing the line. Most will respect that and probably respect us more for it.

bbsam

Staff member
With all dure respect, dill, it is not her place to draw the line. UPS need to put an immediat halt on all the crap in the building immediately (if it is as rampant as you say). I'm amazed it's been able to get to that point.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
We're having some serious issues in our building amongst pt employees. Seems the sexual and racial ignorance is running rampant. I'm trying to stay out of the whole mess but have had a good, hard talk with a young, attractive co-worker who has all the guys hitting on her. She doesn't understand her right to draw a line; HER line as to what is acceptable and what is not. Everyone has a line and it's their own to choose. What offends me may not offend you and the only way to make our lines clear is to gently tell the offender that they are offending and we feel uncomfortable with what they are saying.

Many of our young guys are testosterone ravanged young beasts. It's not fair to them to allow things to get out of control. They are also learning about lines, what is acceptable and what is not. They're learning about subtle cues as to interest or non-interest.

The racial slurs are another thing. I had a young guy make a comment about a certain race (not mine) the other day that sent chills down my spine. The kid wasn't even born yet when this type of talk was accepted. I got him off subject in a hurry and am now aware of how ignorant he is. He's one to be aware and cautious of, that's for sure.

Seems the best way to handle some of these things is to just let others know when they are crossing the line. Most will respect that and probably respect us more for it.
Dill, as you were saying, all things are relative. The girl you refer to may have a higher tolerance than you or visa versa. The same goes with "telling someone something gently". I've pulled people aside and spoken to them, and they thought I was irate. Just sayin...

Re-Raise

Perception.. It is all about what an individual brings to the table with them.

Two people can see the exact same incident and "perceive" it completely differently.

That is why it is such a fine line to walk and not worth it. I am comfortable saving the comedy for times when I am not representing UPS.

dillweed

yep, bbsam and steve - I understand what you're saying. The girl I was speaking of has been telling me how uncomfy she was with some of the come-ons. I'm older even than her parents and mother-hennish enough I guess to try and share some wisdom. Wisdom that has come from many years of experience and some pain along the way.

I was actually not aware of the extent of our dirty building until just last week when the young man I spoke of said what he said and then the next day the little gal really opened up about the sexual stuff. The building's in turmoil and some cleaning house needs done.

Now's the time to keep mouth shut and make sure my side of the street remains clean. There's been much back-stabbing, favoritism and other shenanigans. Interestingly, there's a LOT of texting going on. Co-workers texting each other, sending pics and so forth. Management needs to step up and handle some of this and our union rep needs to crawl out from underneath the center manager's desk and stand up for what's right. oops, there went that mouth again.

dillweed

well, well, well. I said my piece, went out to rake leaves and it struck me that I'm a big 'ole pot calling a kettle black. Sorry about the sexual remark. Sorry I took a light-hearted thread and used to to vent nastiness. And sorry I muddied up my side of that street.

OK, now back to the leaves with yet another lesson hopefull learned.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
well, well, well. I said my piece, went out to rake leaves and it struck me that I'm a big 'ole pot calling a kettle black. Sorry about the sexual remark. Sorry I took a light-hearted thread and used to to vent nastiness. And sorry I muddied up my side of that street.

That shows how easily this stuff can pop out of our mouths and then it's too late.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
yep, bbsam and steve - I understand what you're saying. The girl I was speaking of has been telling me how uncomfy she was with some of the come-ons. I'm older even than her parents and mother-hennish enough I guess to try and share some wisdom. Wisdom that has come from many years of experience and some pain along the way.

I was actually not aware of the extent of our dirty building until just last week when the young man I spoke of said what he said and then the next day the little gal really opened up about the sexual stuff. The building's in turmoil and some cleaning house needs done.

Now's the time to keep mouth shut and make sure my side of the street remains clean. There's been much back-stabbing, favoritism and other shenanigans. Interestingly, there's a LOT of texting going on. Co-workers texting each other, sending pics and so forth. Management needs to step up and handle some of this and our union rep needs to crawl out from underneath the center manager's desk and stand up for what's right. oops, there went that mouth again.
Ouch!

I didn't feel weird about your comment, but I can see other's getting all freaked out about what you said.

Oh, and what is, raking leaves?

That shows how easily this stuff can pop out of our mouths and then it's too late.
True. Oh how I have regretted some of the stuff that I've said, at work, and at home.

brownedout

[QUOTE=stevetheupsguy;7836

Oh, and what is, raking leaves?

Steve, see sobers thread Gee I could've sworn there was a road here...someplace. If someone had "raked" the leaves sober would've had his road.

dillweed

oh yes - even though I feel more comfortable speaking my mind here than at work I crossed that line. Learned a bit about myself and that's always a good thing.

bbsam

Staff member
"Never, ever miss out on a golden opportunity to keep your mouth shut."

Words to live by.............

Oh, if only I could.

"The officer informed me that I had the right to remain silent...but I didn't have the ability."--Ron White