What is your guess for MIP?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It is unfortunate that lower level operations management doesnt have their own white-collar union. You guys are getting screwed and, unlike us union hourlies, there isnt a damn thing you can do about it.

As an hourly, I know my working conditions would be greatly improved if my immediate superiors were fairly paid, fairly treated, and empowered to make smart decisions versus fear-based decisions. I work for some pretty smart people, the most frustrating part of this job for me is when they have to put those smarts aside and just mindlessly obey.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Part of the MIP for local level mgmnt should be based on getting new volume. I don't mean sending out messages to drivers to turn in sales leads, I mean going out and calling on customers. If you can put 2 or 3 suits in a car following a driver around you could maybe stop at some of our accounts and see how things are going. Customers pay our wages, not IE.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Part of the MIP for local level mgmnt should be based on getting new volume. I don't mean sending out messages to drivers to turn in sales leads, I mean going out and calling on customers. If you can put 2 or 3 suits in a car following a driver around you could maybe stop at some of our accounts and see how things are going. Customers pay our wages, not IE.

I think "local management" would agree to that when you agree to your pay above $22/hr be linked to new volume as well.

soberups

I think "local management" would agree to that when you agree to your pay above $22/hr be linked to new volume as well.

The only difference being that, as hourlies, we would have to agree to it by ratifying a contract to that effect. Local management, on the other hand, will get what the company chooses to give them (such as changes to the MIP) whether they "agree" to it or not.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The only difference being that, as hourlies, we would have to agree to it by ratifying a contract to that effect. Local management, on the other hand, will get what the company chooses to give them (such as changes to the MIP) whether they "agree" to it or not.

Sober, I think you missed the point Hoke was trying to make. The I in MIP stands for Incentive (thank goodness it doesn't stand for Integrity). Unlike our contractual raises, MIP is based on performance. Freezing our pay at $22/hr and linking any raises to new volume would certainly be Incentive enough for me to submit sales leads.

soberups

Sober, I think you missed the point Hoke was trying to make. The I in MIP stands for Incentive (thank goodness it doesn't stand for Integrity). Unlike our contractual raises, MIP is based on performance. Freezing our pay at $22/hr and linking any raises to new volume would certainly be Incentive enough for me to submit sales leads.

Not any more, according to what I am reading on this thread. It would appear that the "bonus" that they used to earn has been arbitrarily taken away. Much like the "allowances" that you and I labor under, the "incentive" program has been rigged by the company to make it all but impossible to achieve. Raise the bar high enough, and nobody will bother even trying to jump it anymore.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

MIP is based on performance. How well the Mgr or Supe makes his employees perform. I think the hourlies are maxed out.