What is your opinion of not having 3 point seat belts

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
My truck has a lap belt. I think they'd have to replace the seat to install a 3-point. I prefer it for ease of use & speed. Hopefully I never know the trade-off.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Wouldn't insuring all package cars are equipped with such rudimentary equipment be a no brainer for a company that claims to put "safety first"?
They had no problem absorbing the cost of retrofitting those older vehicles with telematics.
What a bunch of phoney hypocrites.

SmithBarney

Take a moment when seated in your PC with just a lap belt on. Now Lean all the way forward with your head go ahead stretch...
Now imagine your face smacking the surface your face is now touching at 45-50mph..
in a P1000(high step) my face could touch the console abdomen crushed against steering wheel.
In a P500 face could be firmly against windshield...
And don't worry if you can't reach any of these surfaces standing still, in the case of an accident your body will stretch, and the belt who knows
maybe the windshield will come to you?

They should be replaced. I can't remember now, but isn't it once they are deemed "broken" and in need of repair
they need to be replaced with 3pt belts? If so I'd make sure to write it up as broken(somehow)

menotyou

bella amicizia
Still need area knowledge only so much info can be seen on GPS or screen like devices. Nothing beats a good map.
There will be an arrow directing you to which house is your next stop. It will coordinate with what you are actually seeing as you drive.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
With just a lap belt the force of a head on collision will separate your spine. If you survive your head impacting the windshield and dash then you will surely be paralyzed. Seems if UPS truly wanted our most important stop to be our home and families then they would insure that we had all the safety equipment that we needed to get there.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Take a moment when seated in your PC with just a lap belt on. Now Lean all the way forward with your head go ahead stretch...
Now imagine your face smacking the surface your face is now touching at 45-50mph..
in a P1000(high step) my face could touch the console abdomen crushed against steering wheel.
In a P500 face could be firmly against windshield...
And don't worry if you can't reach any of these surfaces standing still, in the case of an accident your body will stretch, and the belt who knows
maybe the windshield will come to you?

They should be replaced. I can't remember now, but isn't it once they are deemed "broken" and in need of repair
they need to be replaced with 3pt belts? If so I'd make sure to write it up as broken(somehow)

You have done a great job conveying half the story.
Now envision after your head and torso, after having been punished in the various ways you described going forward, recoiling back into the metal bulkhead in the absents of a suitable highback seat.

Secondly, all trucks equipped with telematics have had the seatbelt replaced broken or not.
Obviously the company does not put safety first; never has, never will.