What is your opinion of this situation?

Alleycar

I am a bid route driver in an extended center. I am also a feeder cover driver. I got a text message from my sup this afternoon saying I may have to cover a feeder run tomorrow night. When I got back to the building this evening, I checked the staffing book. As far as I can tell, they are trying to give the feeder driver the day off if they are able to cover my route. His name is listed in the staffing book with VPH? next to it. My schedule for the week says regular start time for tomorrow. Discuss!

35years

Gravy route
I got a text message from my sup this afternoon saying I may have to cover a feeder run tomorrow night. When I got back to the building this evening, I checked the staffing book. As far as I can tell, they are trying to give the feeder driver the day off if they are able to cover my route. His name is listed in the staffing book with VPH? next to it. My schedule for the week says regular start time for tomorrow. Discuss!
May does not cut it.
You are scheduled to work your normal shift. Show up for it, demand to to work it.
VPH might mean verified personal holiday...not your problem. They scheduled you for your normal shift and did not tell you with certainty you would not be working it.
Do not turn on your cell phone (if they have your number) before work. I would also unplug my land line until working the normal shift.

Alleycar

In our area, we are allowed to fragment up to 2 weeks of vacation into personal days (VPH). I apologize for not clarifying that initially. I'm heading in to work now, I'll let you know how it shakes out. Thank you for your input. Happy Thanksgiving!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In our area, we are allowed to fragment up to 2 weeks of vacation into personal days (VPH). I apologize for not clarifying that initially. I'm heading in to work now, I'll let you know how it shakes out. Thank you for your input. Happy Thanksgiving!

What are you going to do if they send you home and tell you to report as directed this evening?

raceanoncr

In our center when guys move to feeder, initially they will bounce back and forth from positions on a daily basis it seems.

Did that for, at least, five years, here, before I got to stay. Another five years before I got bid run, and you know what THAT was like.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
So you can't punch out at midnight or 0100 and punch back in at 2200 or 2300?

It's not punching out its starting work twice in the same day. Start at 00:00 and work until 9:00 then start up again at 17:01 or later. This is acceptable but they don't like it because it's more work for the bosses.

You can only have one schedule per day on ivis so ways around this are staying logged in to ivis and simply putting yourself on break while you go home and sleep. This will reset hours but they will have to enter the legs for your second run into ivis instead of simply clicking a run that is already set up. The other option is running with a logbook and timecard and they will need to do an adjustment or enter the work into a day you have open for the week.

Last edited:

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!

Huh?

How does your feeder department run? We have tons of runs that start one day and end the next day. Why would you not be able to punch out at 1AM and punch back in that evening at 11PM?

Last week I was on a run that started at 21:00 and finished around 07:45 every day.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Huh?

How does your feeder department run? We have tons of runs that start one day and end the next day. Why would you not be able to punch out at 1AM and punch back in that evening at 11PM?

Last week I was on a run that started at 21:00 and finished around 07:45 every day.
My bad ,, you're right @Rick Ross ,,, he had me confused , thought he punched in in am for pkg , then punched back in at nite for a feedah job. , I see now !
Long 13 hr nite ,, thanks for clarifying !!