What is YOUR plan FEDEX?

gixxer squid

Disclaimer: This thread is directed at HD and Ground specifically, other geographic areas may or may not apply.

FEDEX BRASS. I hold you 100% accountable for the fiascos that are happening from terminal to terminal. As our employer and we as your employee, I expect much more out of you as a corporation. You peak plan has failed miserably, it is the worst I have even seen. While I am quite certain you and your propaganda team are going to blame the contractors, the blame falls squarely on your head. We look to you for guidance on whats upcoming, contractors don't have a crystal ball.

You are so ill prepared. Not enough loaders, loading as it is is crap half the time. We are not being dispatched before 9:30 half the time but you expect us to do all our deliveries without bringing crap back. Meanwhile preaching safety to drivers exiting the terminal yet you let us out 1.5 hours later than usual and businesses are closed by 6 if not 5 pm. Memo to you. Start the sort 1-2 hours earlier instead of 3 am or whatever it is during peak so dispatch is onetime.

HD volume is almost doubled, were we told of the expected doubling of some routes and stops. If a HD contractor has 10 routes and work is doubled, do you honestly expect 10 additional trained staff and 10 trucks to be purchased by your employee contractors. Your outsourcing to First Advantage to do verifications is a joke, what did you save 2 pennies? Pay us to have extra staff and vehicles just waiting for your phone call. Stop putting the blame on contractor failure. The failure comes from the TOP, PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Your lack of preperation is the sole contributing factor to disaster after disaster.

Taken from Fedex Website:

Q. What is The Purple Promise?

A. We are united behind one promise: I will make every FedEx experience outstanding. The promise is simple, but its effects are far-reaching. Our promise unites us across regions, roles and companies. When we live the promise, we create a powerful advantage that separates us from our competition.

Sorry, but you got it wrong, the new and improved purple promise is squeeze us employees, yeah, employees, not contractors. Your league of lawyers spinning, twisting and contorting and paying to PAC funds to get your agenda through whether the RLA and anything else you deem to squeeze every last cent out of. I believe in Karma and eventually the House of Cards will come tumbling down.

Get your heads out of your azzes while there is still time. Stop with the crap of telling contractors they are getting no bonuses because of their failures this peak, the crap of telling contractors you are going to non renew their contracts. YOU ARE THE CAUSE, IT STARTS AT THE TOP. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS DISASTER, NOT US EMPLOYEES. STOP THE BLAME GAME. We only follow our boss's lead and you led us into disaster. You had no plan but you expect us too.

I just feel sorry for the people you purple promised that are still waiting for these packages. I am embarrassed. Your entire upper management should be fired for INCOMPETENCE. Take responsibility, your plan, or lack of failed miserably.

IMG_9727.jpg
IMG_9726.jpg
IMG_9730.jpg

And hiring these outside sources in 4 door cars holding 20 boxes. Did they pass the background checks, drug tests, do they have proper insurance to be hauling fedex packages? Were they properly trained? Can I give these guys the next few mattresses and christmas trees I get on my truck now? Is there anything you won't take? How about you come to my terminal and spend a day hustling down town before you start telling me what you THINK it cost to hire and keep good employees before the bean counters try and negotiate the one sided contracts your propose.

The Squid.

NYCFXG

Can't record or take pics. Signs are posted everywhere. One contractor recorded the SM intimidating him and basically treating him as an employee. Afterwards, the contractor sued and thought he would use the recording as proof. X's lawyer had the recording thrown out and the case was dismissed due to lack of evidence. Boy was that a bad day to be contractor. Every manager was scared :censored2:less the day before. That day they came with their chests puffed up and a renewed belief in their ability to manipulate us.

Bounty

Disclaimer: This thread is directed at HD and Ground specifically, other geographic areas may or may not apply.

FEDEX BRASS. I hold you 100% accountable for the fiascos that are happening from terminal to terminal. As our employer and we as your employee, I expect much more out of you as a corporation. You peak plan has failed miserably, it is the worst I have even seen. While I am quite certain you and your propaganda team are going to blame the contractors, the blame falls squarely on your head. We look to you for guidance on whats upcoming, contractors don't have a crystal ball.

You are so ill prepared. Not enough loaders, loading as it is is crap half the time. We are not being dispatched before 9:30 half the time but you expect us to do all our deliveries without bringing crap back. Meanwhile preaching safety to drivers exiting the terminal yet you let us out 1.5 hours later than usual and businesses are closed by 6 if not 5 pm. Memo to you. Start the sort 1-2 hours earlier instead of 3 am or whatever it is during peak so dispatch is onetime.

HD volume is almost doubled, were we told of the expected doubling of some routes and stops. If a HD contractor has 10 routes and work is doubled, do you honestly expect 10 additional trained staff and 10 trucks to be purchased by your employee contractors. Your outsourcing to First Advantage to do verifications is a joke, what did you save 2 pennies? Pay us to have extra staff and vehicles just waiting for your phone call. Stop putting the blame on contractor failure. The failure comes from the TOP, PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Your lack of preperation is the sole contributing factor to disaster after disaster.

Taken from Fedex Website:

Q. What is The Purple Promise?

A. We are united behind one promise: I will make every FedEx experience outstanding. The promise is simple, but its effects are far-reaching. Our promise unites us across regions, roles and companies. When we live the promise, we create a powerful advantage that separates us from our competition.

Sorry, but you got it wrong, the new and improved purple promise is squeeze us employees, yeah, employees, not contractors. Your league of lawyers spinning, twisting and contorting and paying to PAC funds to get your agenda through whether the RLA and anything else you deem to squeeze every last cent out of. I believe in Karma and eventually the House of Cards will come tumbling down.

Get your heads out of your azzes while there is still time. Stop with the crap of telling contractors they are getting no bonuses because of their failures this peak, the crap of telling contractors you are going to non renew their contracts. YOU ARE THE CAUSE, IT STARTS AT THE TOP. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS DISASTER, NOT US EMPLOYEES. STOP THE BLAME GAME. We only follow our boss's lead and you led us into disaster. You had no plan but you expect us too.

I just feel sorry for the people you purple promised that are still waiting for these packages. I am embarrassed. Your entire upper management should be fired for INCOMPETENCE. Take responsibility, your plan, or lack of failed miserably.

View attachment 62302 View attachment 62304 View attachment 62305

And hiring these outside sources in 4 door cars holding 20 boxes. Did they pass the background checks, drug tests, do they have proper insurance to be hauling fedex packages? Were they properly trained? Can I give these guys the next few mattresses and christmas trees I get on my truck now? Is there anything you won't take? How about you come to my terminal and spend a day hustling down town before you start telling me what you THINK it cost to hire and keep good employees before the bean counters try and negotiate the one sided contracts your propose.

The Squid.
You the man. GIXXER for president!!?

bacha29

Gizzer' you put the problem back where it belongs and that's squarely in the laps of X. They refuse to accept the design flaws and limitations that goes with farming out the work to third party contractors. They can do quite a bit but they cannot be all things to all people. It would appear that the bad treatment is going to get worse possibly much worse. and the money stream will slow to a drip. Here is why I believe it will happen. The stock is now back again in the low 140's, 20% off it's high. And I think they're worried that if they miss their third quarter EPS estimates it will fall another 15% maybe more and when people open up their 401k statements they won't be happy. Futhermore if that were to happen it may attract the interest of a well capitalized hedge fund or two. It's now more important than ever that IC/ISP's deleverage as quickly as possible and any ideas of expanding must be set aside for the time being.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't believe in my own failure. They told me Ground could expect 10 to 12% increase through peak. Not 30 to 50%. They can point the finger at me if they want but GIGO.

Bounty

Here is their plan, next year they will amend the contract stating you will need to provide service on Sunday, and whatever else they can come up with to plop the problem in the employees(contractors) lap.

bbsam

Staff member
Here is their plan, next year they will amend the contract stating you will need to provide service on Sunday, and whatever else they can come up with to plop the problem in the employees(contractors) lap.
They already have that written in to a lot of the contracts.

Bounty

They already have that written in to a lot of the contracts.
Even you have to admit it's getting ugly this year. You can bet changes will be made. My state is still in ISP transition, and the guys that decided to buy routes are all talking about dumping this mess before next Xmas!

Crozz

Bounty tell them to message me I'll take it off their hand. My company averages 1500 daily stops pre peak and peak as of now we are averaging 3k with ease. Rumor is next week we will be the craziest ever. I'm prepared if even if that mean I have to pull my uniforms out of retirement.

Crozz

Btw I'm an IC contractor not in the luxury state of the ISP where you get bonus to pick up extra volume.

NYCFXG

I just checked my numbers. I did almost 2k more stops this year compared to the same week last year. Would have to agree with Crozz, almost hitting the 100% volume mark compared with pre-peak.

bacha29

I would hesitate to call the world of the ISP contractor a luxury when you consider that the days of the company employed staffing agency temp will be gone. In the end the ISP will have to have spare trucks on site and extra manpower that can be called out on a whim to handle volume spikes.The supply of people willing to sit by the phone waiting for that call which may or may not come will be small. Peak season comes around and you will have to find on your own a battalion sized group of people and trucks who will work for you for what you have to offer and that may or may not high enough to get enough people to sign on. Now they may and then they may not do enough in a day to cover your expenses. And don't forget that X not you will decide if that person is qualified. Crozz I think Bounty is much more in touch with the risks and trappings not simply the rewards that are by no means certain.