What is YOUR plan FEDEX?

Crozz

I would hesitate to call the world of the ISP contractor a luxury when you consider that the days of the company employed staffing agency temp will be gone. In the end the ISP will have to have spare trucks on site and extra manpower that can be called out on a whim to handle volume spikes.The supply of people willing to sit by the phone waiting for that call which may or may not come will be small. Peak season comes around and you will have to find on your own a battalion sized group of people and trucks who will work for you for what you have to offer and that may or may not high enough to get enough people to sign on. Now they may and then they may not do enough in a day to cover your expenses. And don't forget that X not you will decide if that person is qualified. Crozz I think Bounty is much more in touch with the risks and trappings not simply the rewards that are by no means certain.
Lol risk I started as a jumper making $2.50 an hour after you break down my time worked. I have risk tons that none of you would comprehend. nothing I have with FedEx was given. I now run 27 trucks and 7 big rigs. I started at 25 now 35 I have had plenty of ups and downs just like any other business owner. I understand I have a partnership with FedEx that I have to abide by the rules I signed up for just like any other franchises. Do I agree with everything they do hell no but most of the :censored2: that has happen was because of failures of none business men.
Having driving stand by should be in your fleet if you want to go and be successful. I have a 5-1 ratio meaning 5 routes one coordinator. When peak comes I project how many routes and then I let guys get a taste of what it is to be a coordinator most fail and want nothing to to with it.
Lastly I wouldnt be where I am without the great guys and team that I have build from ground up. My guys believe in what I believe in and we strive to be the best. Show me a business that is growing faster than Fedex and that will be here for a long time to come?

bacha29

I commend you for your success.However EVERYTHING YOU HAVE IS TOTALLY SUBJUGATED TO THE ABSOLUTE WILL AND POWER Of FEDEX You call that a partnership?Can you show me the specific language that refers to what you have as a " Franchise" ? None of the 23 annual contracts I signed with RPS/FXG said anything about a "franchise" . Rest assured that company is not and not likely to ever grant the considerable legal recourse and due process a franchisee would have at his diposal. All you have with X is binding arbitration, but guess who reserves the exclusive to decide who sits on the arbitration panel?

Crozz

Fedex isn't taking :censored2: away from you if your doing right. Fedex has warned everyone about having to get to scale, warned everyone about being s Corp, and warned about doing right or be terminated. Fedex has no interest in having employees to run the routes look at express 60 stops 50 miles 8 hours contracted work would have that done in 3 hours. Can this all be taken away yes I realize this part of the risk get out of the shale and stay on top of the rules and learn to adapt period.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Lol risk I started as a jumper making $2.50 an hour after you break down my time worked. I have risk tons that none of you would comprehend. nothing I have with FedEx was given. I now run 27 trucks and 7 big rigs. I started at 25 now 35 I have had plenty of ups and downs just like any other business owner. I understand I have a partnership with FedEx that I have to abide by the rules I signed up for just like any other franchises. Do I agree with everything they do hell no but most of the :censored2: that has happen was because of failures of none business men.
Having driving stand by should be in your fleet if you want to go and be successful. I have a 5-1 ratio meaning 5 routes one coordinator. When peak comes I project how many routes and then I let guys get a taste of what it is to be a coordinator most fail and want nothing to to with it.
Lastly I wouldnt be where I am without the great guys and team that I have build from ground up. My guys believe in what I believe in and we strive to be the best. Show me a business that is growing faster than Fedex and that will be here for a long time to come?

Wow, another IamFedEx.com story.

Crozz

I did. What is your net on all of those trucks? And, yes, I'm dubious.
Let's just say I work 6 weeks out of the year and get a sabbatical the rest of the year for the most part. I get to be with my kids, coach, and attend everything I want to. So for that tell me what is more important than that. I make my fair share of the companies profit. I like to keep humble, keep investing and sharing the wealth :).

Purplepackage

Fedex isn't taking :censored2: away from you if your doing right. Fedex has warned everyone about having to get to scale, warned everyone about being s Corp, and warned about doing right or be terminated. Fedex has no interest in having employees to run the routes look at express 60 stops 50 miles 8 hours contracted work would have that done in 3 hours. Can this all be taken away yes I realize this part of the risk get out of the shale and stay on top of the rules and learn to adapt period.

60 stops and 50 miles? Lol more like 60 stops in 150 miles

bacha29

Crozz: I was amused with the way you try toside step the realities. Fedex isn't taking anything away from you because they are not giving you anything. For instance, if it is as you say a "partnership" then both you and Fedex would be filing your own individual and combined K1's and 1065's but why not? It's not a partnership Yet they want access to your company's private payroll records. When they called mine in for audit I told them to identify the specific rule of law that grants them the right to access my records which in reality are not limited to payroll. They could not identify any such law because none exists but that doesn't matter to them. LIkewise if you are not yet as you said in an ISP state you will be in for the shock of your life when you do. Good God man, do you know that despite the presence of their battalion size group of lawyers and accountants you are NOT permitted to have your attorney present during the so called "negoiation' of your operating agreement.? A clear cut willful obstruction of your right to due process of law. And they DON"T CARE. And you say they are not taking anything away from you.

gixxer squid

I am sure there are exceptions to every rule. You may be in the 1% class of most contractors, if so, I applaud. That doesn't mean that the other 99% are uneducated businessman or failures. X changes the rules when they see fit, not for you, for THEM

You may also be in an area that doesn't involve high rises or cost 3000 to rent a house/apt. paying 700-900 a week is good pay for many in rural areas Here that is poverty that seriously qualifies you for Obama care. There has to be cost of living adjustments to settezlements rather than an across the board number some statistician pulls out of backside

Let's assume your business Doubles as it has in some areas. Do you have 10 spare trucks and 10 drivers on payroll just waitin for your call. I highly doubt, can you scramble with no notice to make it happen. Again, I doubt.

It's unrealistic and unreasonable to think anyone including you could pull this off, even as a 1 percenter. Financially you woukd loose your ass. This is what's happening this peak and if we had all the contractors in the country on this board contributing you would see it's an epidemic

:)

gixxer squid

Crozz: I was amused with the way you try toside step the realities. Fedex isn't taking anything away from you because they are not giving you anything. For instance, if it is as you say a "partnership" then both you and Fedex would be filing your own individual and combined K1's and 1065's but why not? It's not a partnership Yet they want access to your company's private payroll records. When they called mine in for audit I told them to identify the specific rule of law that grants them the right to access my records which in reality are not limited to payroll. They could not identify any such law because none exists but that doesn't matter to them. LIkewise if you are not yet as you said in an ISP state you will be in for the shock of your life when you do. Good God man, do you know that despite the presence of their battalion size group of lawyers and accountants you are NOT permitted to have your attorney present during the so called "negoiation' of your operating agreement.? A clear cut willful obstruction of your right to due process of law. And they DON"T CARE. And you say they are not taking anything away from you.

Spot on. How about also not having an actual legal document to physically sign. It's all computerized acceptance.

gixxer squid

And get this. Another contractor friend was told that he is getting no bonuses because his bonus is going to pay for all the outsourcing X is doing to deliver double the volume predicted. Not only that, the outsourcing is being paid 400 percent over what contractor gets. You think that's :censored2: fair. And his contracts up for review

I will say it again. X is squarely to blame for this peak disaster.

But no, let's blame the contractor for not having doublevthevextra trucks and personnel on staff. friend that

Purplepackage

Express has time commits , on call pups with one hour Windows, has to abide by state laws regarding breaks and DOT hos. All of which ground does not. Now you want to compare numbers. Lol

You're right you really can't compare them, we have 3-4 time comits depending on route. And if I'm doing 150-170 miles I don't have all day to do deliveries like a ground driver I actually have to make my pup closes

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Your comments speak volumes about the way FedEx operates. Everything is always on their terms, and if they can get away with something...they will. This reminds me of the Express GFT system, which stands for Guaranteed Fair Treatment. What it really is is Guaranteed *%#cked Treatment because it is you vs. FDX Corp. No union rep per Weingarten Laws, no attorney allowed...just you. And do you think that many employees unwittingly incriminate themselves in this Inquisition/Torture session? You bet they do, and then FedEx Legal proceeds to decimate them.

I would never sign a business contract without an attorney present after he/she had ample opportunity to read said contract. FedEx is an unconscionable FRAUD.

bbsam

Staff member
You're right you really can't compare them, we have 3-4 time comits depending on route. And if I'm doing 150-170 miles I don't have all day to do deliveries like a ground driver I actually have to make my pup closes
Time commits that you are rarely held to because you can't get out of the building before 10 am.;)