What is your start time on Monday

BrownArmy

Our normal start time is 8:45, but it's been pushed back to 9:00 for the entire week. Our center manager says the preload won't wrapped on time the whole week...

Omega man

Doesn't everybody have a weekly-posted start time? Why would you victimize yourself by coming in early in hopes of floating your start time? You could end up waiting for hours. Floating start times are contract violations in most supplements for this reason. For those of you who are willing to violate your contract, why don't you just come in Sunday night and wait?

UPSGUY72

Doesn't everybody have a weekly-posted start time? Why would you victimize yourself by coming in early in hopes of floating your start time? You could end up waiting for hours. Floating start times are contract violations in most supplements for this reason. For those of you who are willing to violate your contract, why don't you just come in Sunday night and wait?

Our FT preload is starting SUNDAY night at 8:00 pm If they worked 10 hours they still be done before 7:00am Monday. I understand that most buildings have PT preloads that start early monday morning but not my building.

Where given a weeks notice that the start times for this coming weeks would be different. The offical start time is 8:15 for monday and 9:00 am the rest of the week. Since the Air got to the building SATURDAY morning there will be no waiting for Air on monday so we can start earlier than 8:15 if the preload is all done.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yawn.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
This thread is so ridiculous !!! If the trucks were wrapped and preload went home at 8am and you start at 845am, you would bitch that UPS doesnt care how late you stay out and could have saved the company money by ending earlier in the evening and bringing the pickups in so the hub could get rolling. FOR ONCE, PULL THE GRINCH ATTITUDES OUT OF YOUR @$$E$ AND BE JOYFUL

DAMN !! HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!

Omega man

Our FT preload is starting SUNDAY night at 8:00 pm If they worked 10 hours they still be done before 7:00am Monday. I understand that most buildings have PT preloads that start early monday morning but not my building.

Where given a weeks notice that the start times for this coming weeks would be different. The offical start time is 8:15 for monday and 9:00 am the rest of the week. Since the Air got to the building SATURDAY morning there will be no waiting for Air on monday so we can start earlier than 8:15 if the preload is all done.

If your contract calls for posted start times then that is the time you must start. It has nothing to do with UPS' air or preload operation. Your contract was agreed to by those who represent you to make working conditions better for you. You are making your own agreements with management and contributing to weakening your own contract if you do differently. If UPS wants to take advantage of their air and preload being finished early then they should gamble and post an earlier weekly start time. We should not be the side who must gamble by coming in early and possibly waiting.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Once again you add nothing of real value to this discussion.

OK, you want value, here goes:

A specific start time is not specified in the contract nor in any of the supplements. The only contractual reference to a start time is the article which states that UPS must provide a 72 hour notice of a start time (except for emergency operations) change. If the center manager states that this is the start time but also says that he will let the drivers that are present start early if the preload is wrapped, it is up to each driver to make their own choice as to whether they want to come in and gamble that the preload will be wrapped or whether to come in at the regular start time. I choose to come in early with the hope of getting on road early so that I can take advantage of the available daylight. If I come in early and the preload is not wrapped I guess I will sit and wait. I would guess that you would choose to come in at your regular start time, which is your choice.

I hope that was of sufficient value for you but couldn't care less if it isn't.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If your contract calls for posted start times then that is the time you must start. It has nothing to do with UPS' air or preload operation. Your contract was agreed to by those who represent you to make working conditions better for you. You are making your own agreements with management and contributing to weakening your own contract if you do differently. If UPS wants to take advantage of their air and preload being finished early then they should gamble and post an earlier weekly start time. We should not be the side who must gamble by coming in early and possibly waiting.
Individualism, enlightened self-interest and initiative are the bane of Union solidarity. Resistance is futile ... you will be assimilated.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
7:30 am Monday, 8:30 am Tue, 8:45am Wed, 9:00 am Thurs. and 8:30 Fri.. we can start earlier if preload is wrapped up and we feel like it:peaceful:

Omega man

Individualism, enlightened self-interest and initiative are the bane of Union solidarity. Resistance is futile ... you will be assimilated.

We will snuff out all attacks on solidarity as we do some manager’s success. We will resist to your end. You will be absorbed!