What keeps us at Express?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I tell all my local ground compadraes, there's no reason to work at Ground if you can get in at Express. The take-home is the same plus, all the bennies, plus, all I carry is envelopes.

SmithBarney

I tell all my local ground compadraes, there's no reason to work at Ground if you can get in at Express. The take-home is the same plus, all the bennies, plus, all I carry is envelopes.

Except a new-hire at Express probably takes home less than a Ground Driver. after $100/week for the basic insurance and uncle sam(which some contractors don't deduct automatically)

SmithBarney

Whats starting pay at Express and whats the wonderful benny package worth?

Northbound starting varies from around $15-20?(in very select areas)
What are benny's worth? 3 options No coverage, Low coverage(~300), High coverage(~400) per month
#FDX claims to pay a majority of our plan, I don't buy it. Those who know can compare plans directly at Cigna.
And a measly Pension that might yield you 1000 per year at 1%
a 401k that they match a little bit, but they control the fund choice in the 401K, two years ago they took out
two of the best performers, I was doing really nicely till they dropped it(although it's administered by Vanguard so
it might have been their choice)
There are no other FedEx paid "benny's"
there are a few lackluster discounts at retail establishments.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Hey now, don't be forgetting our discount coupons to Splash Splash Water Park. Just because you may not ever be able to get any vacation weeks off during their 'open' season so you can go, - well that isn't FedEx's fault, is it?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Yeah,
Interline. Don't bet on getting on any plane.

What kills me is we give away employee shipping rates to any yahoo that works for just about any air line.

Route 66

Yeah,
Interline. Don't bet on getting on any plane.

What kills me is we give away employee shipping rates to any yahoo that works for just about any air line.
This is what I always wanted to see....an airline employee coming into a FedEx office 2 days before Christmas with a load of crap to send out on interlne discount and being told by the CSA; "go stand over there and wait to hear your name called"....and then after 3 hours, "I'm sorry, this plane is 100% full of revenue packages from FULL-fare-paying REAL people. Try back tomorrow, have a crummy day like me - now scram"

vantexan

This is what I always wanted to see....an airline employee coming into a FedEx office 2 days before Christmas with a load of crap to send out on interlne discount and being told by the CSA; "go stand over there and wait to hear your name called"....and then after 3 hours, "I'm sorry, this plane is 100% full of revenue packages from FULL-fare-paying REAL people. Try back tomorrow, have a crummy day like me - now scram"

Having been on the receiving end of that conversation I sure would love to see that!

RTURNSONLY

I really, really, really miss the cooldest perk we had, consisting of they letting us get in front of the line, (with proper Fedex ID, of course), at the Fedex Space Mountain at Walt Disney World, as well as the free refreshments and Costco snacks in the cozy Fedex Lounge around the back of the building. Believe me, it was sweet...especially during those hot and humid Florida's summer afternoons.

Last edited:

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
We had a guy get half way across the country via stand-by only to get turned all the way around and sent back home.

Route 66

I really, really, really miss the cooldest perk we had, consisting of they letting us get in front of the line, (with proper Fedex ID, of course), at the Fedex Space Mountain at Walt Disney World, as well as the free refreshments and Costco snacks in the cozy Fedex Lounge around the back of the building. Believe me, it was sweet...especially during those hot and humid Florida's summer afternoons.
I remember that - back when I worked for Federal Express. That was a good company (I wonder where they went?)