what kind of gloves do you use as a driver?

born2Bwild

Hello every one
I have been using ironclad box handler for the last 5 years and I loved it. last order of 2 pair that i got from amazon were not so good. apparently they outsourced their manufacturing to Indonesia or at least some of it and the gloves I got were inferior in quality, they start to fall apart just after one day of use. We just started using the latest diad and i am having hard time keeping them on and using the diad. With numbers so small, what kind of gloves do use and where do you get them? I appreciate you recommendations, thanks

brownelf

I wear carpenter gloves, they don't have tips on the fingers you need to use with the diad or use a pen(thumb/index and middle fingers)Got mine online at safetyglasses USA.com they're made by youngstown mfg.

stealth8

born2

Go to the Twin Hill link at Upser's.com and buy yourself a pair of the new leather DIAD gloves. They are well worth the $30.00 price. I have been a delivery driver now for 33yrs and they are the best that I have ever owned. Cheers

Borderline 9.5

I use the gloves in the ups catalog for 8.95. Bought them in November and they are still in excellent condition. Still no holes or tears. The little rubber dots rub off are gone within days but I don't like them anyway.

Indecisi0n

Re: born2

Go to the Twin Hill link at Upser's.com and buy yourself a pair of the new leather DIAD gloves. They are well worth the $30.00 price. I have been a delivery driver now for 33yrs and they are the best that I have ever owned. Cheers

I use the gloves that have that rubber material that grips cardboard very easy. Do these DIAD gloves have that? They look like they are all leather but normal leather in my opinion isn't very "grippy" when picking up a cardboard box.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I will say that if I had one of the "top of the line driver jobs" I would wear gloves. I don't wear gloves while delivering pkgs as I have been unable to find a pair that I can work with and use the DIAD.

This "winter" has not been an issue.

I will say that if I had one of the "top of the line driver jobs" I would wear gloves. I don't wear gloves while delivering pkgs as I have been unable to find a pair that I can work with and use the DIAD.

This "winter" has not been an issue.

These are the ones to try. I buy a size smaller than normal gloves because these stretch around your skin. I can work the IVIS with both the buttons and touch screen. Easy to write in also. Last forever. $12 a pair at Menards.

Ansell Construction - www.AnsellConstruction.com

barnyard

KTM rider
Whatever I wear, either the 1st finger and thumb get cut off or wears off quickly. On really cold days, I add a pair of knit liners under them. I rub a little Udder Balm on my cuticles to keep them from drying out really bad.

Scoot

Wow. You guys are fancy. I use the $1.29 brown jersey gloves you can buy at any gas station. I can usually get a good two weeks out of them. Toss them out, buy a new pair.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I too use the Ironclad Box Handler gloves and I will agree with you that the quality of the last batch I bought are not near as good as the forest few years that I bought them. I can usually get about 2 months or so out of a pair of them. Still the same amount of time but the little rubber feelers peel off a bit the first couple days. After about a month most of the feelers are gone in the finger tips but I can still use them for what I need. I may need to look into something else next year.

I don't really wear the gloves for the warmth aspect but to keep the packages from sucking my hands dry. If I don't wear gloves my hands dry out like crazy and get rough as sandpaper and or possibly split and get to be quite painful. Plus my wife hates the feel of my gritty hands on her naked body.

stealth8

The Twin Hill gloves have all the gripping you are going to need. I was a little skeptical when I purchased them, but they have been great for me. I even bought a pair of the full glove because of the excellent quality. If you don't like them you can return them for a full refund. Hope this helps. Cheers

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
These are the ones to try. I buy a size smaller than normal gloves because these stretch around your skin. I can work the IVIS with both the buttons and touch screen. Easy to write in also. Last forever. $12 a pair at Menards.

Ansell Construction - www.AnsellConstruction.com

I use the plumber model. Very thin yet durable. Perfect for DIAD use and I use them more for the grip then the cold. My hands get too dry in the winter to grip the parcels.