What kind of great incentives do you get at your location.

The reason I'm asking is my father in law works for an entirely different company. They really value there employees listen to the crazy stuff he gets. Free clothes to go out in. A barber comes to his work every wednesday for free hair cuts. Lunch every Friday. And they tell them thanks.

NHDRVR

Hey (it's been some time),
A paycheck is the answer. Occasionaly a summer cookout, if the center manager feels up to it. Which, as you will read here, is more that most get. We do see the obligatory raffle every so often and some socks if you answer all of the 5/8 keys correctly but the only answer here is the paycheck and the insurance. In this economy I will take it. The other stuff would be nice. Gravy, if you will. Clearly not expected though...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
They usually give us a warm bottle of water that they put in an ice cooler ten minutes before the PCM. We did get a good breakfast when we hit 5000 safe work days a few months ago, that was the first real food we saw in over a year.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
My center we get 11 to 12 hours of work, we get told how bad we are at the job, we get warning letters.
We dont get cookouts, we never get thanked.

grizbiker

It all depends what side of the line you stand on. If you kiss butt enough, you get to keep your job after 3 wrecks in 4 months. You get an atta boy for delivering fire arms illegally. If you follow both the contract and UPS rules, you get harrassed, threatened, froze out of work and called a liar. But, they make up for it with a monthly "safety" meeting which the food we are treated to causes a person to sprint to the cranny before the meal is half eaten.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
They usually give us a warm bottle of water that they put in an ice cooler ten minutes before the PCM. We did get a good breakfast when we hit 5000 safe work days a few months ago, that was the first real food we saw in over a year.

It was sausage biscuits from McDonald's wasnt it? BLEH:sick:

bigbrownhen

no such numbers. Address that are usually out of the way, but clearly marked. Don't think it's quite as often now with telematics. Hard to have a NSN if you didn't come within 10 miles of it.

BrownArmy

Last week one of the full-time sups told me, "Good job yesterday, thanks for your work".

It was such a strange thing to hear, I couldn't tell if he was serious or not.

Raw

Raw Member
I remember a couple days before voting on the contract years ago the DM was handing out 45 cent McDonalds "yes burgers" on the way out the door! :happy-very: