What Kind of Snow Blower?

Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by over9five, Oct 13, 2011.

1. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

I no longer need my plow truck at my new home. Was thinking of getting a snow blower, any advice?

I am considering this one.
  2. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I have a 28horse Montana tractor. Might be a bit big for your new place.'
  3. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

You could bring it over and we'll try it.....!
  4. klein

klein Für Meno :)

Ovah, buy 1 from Sears, here's a link. And for that price you get electric starter ones (no need to pull). Besides, better quaility (Craftsman), and Made in Canada.
    Hey, beats made in Korea or Japan.
    They really don't know snow and ice as well as we do.
  5. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Might Take me a while. It only get up to 30 miles an hour. Two scoops with the bucket would probably do the trick for the typical citioit driveway. Just Kidding!! I guess I can do a lot of leaf-peeping along the way!!
  6. rod

rod retired and happy

Just a word of warning---------with a snow blower it don't seem to matter what direction you are going or what way the wind is blowing--------the snow always blows in your face. Buy a nice Honda 4 X 4 ATV and put a plow on it. That way you can still have fun ---even if it isn't snowing.

7. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Snapper and Ariens make a good machine. One thing that a lot of people don't realize is that Ariens also make a commercial line that you can't get at Home Depot. It is beefier. My first Ariens lasted 32 years.The problem with Sears is that they contract out to different manufacturers. You don't know what you're getting.
  8. TheKid

TheKid Well-Known Member

I have had an MTD for 17 years . . . very dependable
  9. klein

MTD, yup read on on them. Canadian company, Sears sells them under the name Craftsman here.
    For $799 he could get one of them (same price as his asian one he linked to), but the mtd would come with electronic ignition, while his eastern one only has pull start.
  10. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

11. klein

12. moreluck

Then we definitely know which kind to avoid !!
  13. Dizzee

Dizzee ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

MTD Products is a manufacturer of outdoor power equipment for the mass market. Based in Cleveland, Ohio,USA, the company began in 1932 and is a family-owned, private company. It originated as a tool and die maker (Modern Tool and Die Company). MTD's main competitors are Toro, Snapper, Murray, John Deere andHusqvarna.
  14. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

John Deere is the one to have. And not only because their world wide head quarters is 5 miles away.
  15. moreluck

16. klein

Could will be, sorry.
  17. moreluck

18. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

19. moreluck

It says it can't be shipped to Hawaii..............Duh!
  20. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Only when due diligence proves that he is. Kind of a "tree falls in the forest " kind of thing.